1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets discuss changes after marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fourthaugust, Sep 23, 2015.

1. PRABALTARA

PRABALTARA New IL'ite

Hello Friends

Before marriage I was a free bird not knowing to make Tea after Marriage Mominlaw very strict but husband helped me to learn cooking and I had to with interest and did very fast in the beginning slowly learnt cooking has to be with love and affections now i am best cook in the family all support was from my husband
    a very understanding person and convincing in the family & i thank him for his positiveness made me a positive person now

1 person likes this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My case is a bit different. I was expected to not have a big change n life because my dad and husband are in the same profession.I was expected to live a similar life,in similar houses with similar financial means.The only difference would be that I would be the lady of the house instead of the daughter of the house.

I joined my husband as a nuclear unit

1)The biggest difference was the financial independence.My dad being extra generous with extended family and friends ,money was always tight.We had to make do will very little pocket money and almost no independent spending.

That changed after marriage. The first action taken by husband was to mae me joint account holder and he would give me all the money for the running of the house.
    Since I pleasantly surprised him by being a rather miserly wife (as against some of his friends who married high maintenance girls)he never ever questioned me . I loved that feeling of being in charge of all spending for us.:queen

2)Second was the freedom to wear what I wanted.Though parents were pretty liberal,my dad had this extremely unreasonable allergy to skirts.Even long ankle length ones would make him see red which was surprising because he was okay with longlish shorts.Maybe shorts meant an interest in sports rather than fashion.

I experimented with skirt lengths slowly,settling at just above the knees,not too sure about husband's tolerance with with hem lengths. I realized much later that he was fine with almost anything.I could have gone for hotpants when I had the legs for hotpants :coffeebut by the times I realized hot pants were okay...the legs were no longer okay.shakehead.
    Anyways I made up for it by wearing the saree where I wanted.Before marriage,my brother would give me dirty looks and complain to mother if I wore saree below navel.....after marriage he had to shut up and squirm.

3) In my parents place,the TV was always in their bedroom ,which meant very little TV time for us ....that too only pro grammes approved by them.Most of my friends had got cable and were hooked on to the stupid english soaps .My father did not understand why we wanted to see American serials.

After getting married,TV was one of the first buys and I got to watch cable TV for the first time I loved it. It was my second love.I would finish off all the house work and then worship the TV the whole day...even watching the the re run the next day. The second love got over in a few months time thankfully. God those soaps were horrible .Can't believe I was hooked on to them.:oops:

4) Last but not the least...My house because Tinda(round gourd) free.No one in my parents place liked tinda ,but for God know what reason...my mom would always grow tinda in the garden .Thanks to her green thumb and greener fingers,we always had bountyful of tindas. I hate Tindas.

I was so happy to know that my husband shared a similar dislike for tinda . We decided to keep our home tinda free.
    After I had my kids and they were a little older,I did have guilt pangs for denying them of the wholesome benefits of a vegetable because of my bias,so I made tinda. Thankfully my girls looked at it and said...ewww,yeh kya hai...hum nahi khaenge(ewww...we are not eating that).So my home stays tinda free.

7 people like this.
  3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Lovely post.....made me laugh...

4. rajijanu

rajijanu New IL'ite

When our body undergoes a lot of changes with time, so do we. We try to adjust to the new family, situations and circumstances. Life is not bed of roses, but lot of struggles.
    My marriage brought to me a loving n caring husband! I have two energetic sons. I have a caring affectionate inlaws! My spiritual quest is growing day by day.
    After marriage, I lost in touch of friends. I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. But my belief is that I will find my friends n get back to normal health

2 people like this.