1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets discuss changes after marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fourthaugust, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Sree05

Sree05 Senior IL'ite

Hi there
    Sowmya here... Well the discussion seems really interesting.
    I got married an year ago and now a mom to the new born. I call it a big change, One of the most happiest change.
    Apart from that an Indian girl is exposed to so many changes post marriage.
    Cheers ladies!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Congrats on your new born...thats a lot of wisdom for a newly married girl...I took good 3 years to realise these changes :)...

1 person likes this.
  3. Sree05

Sree05 Senior IL'ite

thanq....
    hope you had an interesting read!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. amrita18

amrita18 New IL'ite

Hi, Great topic to share views and read others stories too.

I am recently married, just completed 8 months yesterday :) and already feeling the big change. I was independent earlier, had great time with family and bymyself working in International companies and now as well having good time with family but also handling responsibilities. It is indeed a big change as suddenly you are home minister of new house and no longer just daughter of parents. It great time after marriage but biggest change for me was when I had to quit my job to be with my husband. It was required sacrifice and I don't regret it however I miss working as full timer. I have learnt that after marriage I have become lot emotional. Good things are many which I don't think I could ever experience if I prolonged my marriage further. Travelling with your best friend i.e better half is the best thing I am enjoying after marriage. I liked cooking before marriage but now enjoying it more. Just shared random experience of mine.

1 person likes this.
  5. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing your experience...

1 person likes this.
  6. arthiramkumar

arthiramkumar New IL'ite

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

There have been a lot of changes happens, both visible physical changes to invisible emotional changes.

In both aspects, after marriage episode has emerged me as a strong, heavy and steady woman from a very funky, emotional girl.

Not just the marriage, but also the overall responsibilities (both at career level as well as at home as a mother/wife, plus my experiences (both bitter ones and sweet ones) and the exposure that I had during this almost a decade long time influenced to these changes.

The stress, age factor, responsibilities etc..etc.. made me look a little bulkier than before. It has changed my overall psychical appearance to a thin girl to a chubby woman regardless of how hard I do the exercise and maintain my weight. Thanks to my chubby round face.
    But I look good, and gooder than before in my appearance though.

As for emotional aspect, the carefree iron girl is dead long ago. I can no longer wear a mini skirt at 10 pm on my street and do the last min street shoping before they close without bothering about my worried mom. Now I am worried about myself, much more worried about my helpless kids, etc..etc... So, I make sure I take maximum protection before I go out.

But, that weak girl who screams her lungs out for a tiny cockroach is no longer alive. I know, I should take that bit out of my house anyway. Now a days, I can even face a crocodile, leave alone a cockroach.

Like wise, I have become responsible, careful, tactful at the same time very strong enough to face the world as the storm comes. Overall, my marriage life has changed me to a very positive woman.

2 people like this.
  8. PadmaGayathri

PadmaGayathri New IL'ite

How did my life change after marriage? I started to make my own decisions & be my own boss. As for the zipping lip etc - we don't need in-laws to practice that - that is the beauty of life. It has the tendency to bring you those lessons that you most need at a given point in time...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. radhikacute

radhikacute New IL'ite

Both places are opposite. As my husband loves me I am happy.

In marriage can husband go at wife's house.(This will change society)

10. Mitaraonew

Mitaraonew New IL'ite

interesting blog Sowmya...congrats on new born! Wish these tips I would had got 12 yrs before to prepare myself ..Looking back I realise I wasnt prepared for most :( was picturing Suraj Barjatya's goody goody scenes MPK HAHK HSSHlaugh1smileyand Mom used to say only one thing..Be yourself ,acting will not work longer...and better earn your living throughout your life.... come what may! thinkingsmiley :bowdown

1 person likes this.