1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets discuss changes after marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by fourthaugust, Sep 23, 2015.

1. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Please mention some positive ones and funny ones also.

2. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

So what I do with them is --i zip the lip and grit my teeth and studiously ignore them all. Cannot go down to their level.

I think thats the best policy.

3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Dont you think this is the beauty of being married that we make so much of sacrifices for our loved ones that too happily and at the end of the day it is so satisfying too.

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Before marriage, I used to feel that all those typical indian serials on TV are unreal...After marriage, my view has changed. I slowly started to realize that they are true to most extent esp in joint families.
    Now, I understand what my MIL thinks and plans in her mind.

For ex: I never thought that she could hate seeing me and H go out to movies, grocery shopping, etc. Now, I can see her tricks and the way she prevents us spending time together. Thanks to all those Indian serials. :)

4 people like this.
  5. annujp82

annujp82 Gold IL'ite

The single most fundamental change I have realized in the past 7 months of marriage is the sense of having a partner in the true sense.
    I have come to enjoy the freedom and responsibility of being an invaluable member of a 2 person team. I don't have to worry alone, I don't have to shoulder the responsibilities silently, I have a person who will listen, who can help me solve my problems and most of all, give me the one thing I realize was missing in my life. He gives me unconditional acceptance. That is truly an incredibly satisfying feeling.
    I am a much better person after marriage. I am more patient with the man who throws wet towels on the bed, refuses to pick up after himself when he leaves a trail of clothing on the way to the bathroom, who refuses to drink water but prefers 200 ml tetra packs of fruit juice. He refuses to sugarcoat his comments about my fledgling cooking abilities and drives me up the wall by hogging the tv remote to watch yet another game of football.
    I realize that I am not blameless. I am a heap of super-irritating habits as well. My contact lens case forever remains open on our dressing table, my long hair is everywhere in the house. I alternate between days of frenzied cooking and cleaning, and days of absolute laziness. I hog the blanket at night and am terribly loud in the mornings when he is trying to sleep.
    But, overshadowing all these grainy irritants, are the moments of togetherness and pleasure that stems from us genuinely liking each other's company and realizing there is nowhere else we would rather be.
    Marriage has given me a second set of wonderful parents. I work hard to make sure that I treat them exactly the way I treat my parents. I leave it up to them, if they want to love me the way they love their daughter. But I make it easier for them, if they do choose it.
    I realize that 7 months is not enough time to understand the hardships of a marriage and everything might not be so rosy 7 years down the line.
    But, understanding that whatever the hardships may be, they would not be my burden alone. They are bound to be lighter when my husband cum best friend, lends me a hand.

6 people like this.
  6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

I go with Sindujaft.
    Before marriage: i dont know the difference between gingelly oil and refined oil and different type of Dals. I dont the significance and importance of staying healthy. Fruits and spinach are enemies for me

After marriage: I am cooking now, trying different menus and taste. Fruits and spinach are now become a part of my day to day life

otherwise in relations, yeah we face difficult and different people. According to me, thats ok. Else life will become monotonous

1 person likes this.
  7. HemalathaRangar

HemalathaRangar Silver IL'ite

I accept it and now im enjoyin this... but wen i luk at bfr marriage, i usualy wont do thess thin but nw im doin all these thin jst fr my loved one... thatz wat im so surprised abt me and all ladies also... wat a change!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

I think apart from marriage alone, other factors have also played a role in changing me from before my marriage. I have grown older n have become a lil more understanding n less brash.. I was opinionated but after marriage iv realised that everyone has their own opinion n I don't have to necessarily make everyone agree to mine.. Iv become more tolerant towards ppl n when ppl say some comments I don't like I SOMETIMES smile n ignore it if its not too offensive.. N iv got a new best friend in my husband.. Before marriage kids poop was POOP!!! which made me crinkle my nose, now it's just a part of life:)

4 people like this.
  9. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Yes. I agree with it.

Before marriage, I used to think that these yearlong serials are fabricated by some
    fools with fiction. But after marriage, ( Also experience told by cousins ) I realized that these serials are from real life...:)..

So much politics..

10. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

nice thread.
    mine is very common to those who have already mentioned above.
    1) Even i started liking all hollywood action movies and series of all of them:bang
    2) i became very dependent (my hubby cares too much for me and made me this)faintingsmiley
    3) i have become MORE active
    4) have started keeping things on proper placegigglingsmiley
    5) think twice before speaking
    6) now my neighbor cannot hear my laugh (earlier every one got to know i m watching some movie or shared a joke)
    7) have stopped peeping in others issue
    8) getting up earlier (but still 20 min late then my hubby)

i think there are many let me think more thinkingsmiley

1 person likes this.