1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lessons the Universe Taught Me The Past Six Months

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Apr 17, 2013.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I was thinking about writing this blog for a long time, but then I thought six months is too short a time to make an impact, maybe I should write after a year.

But now I somehow feel compelled to write.

I learned so many things that I wish I would have known even six months ago, but now I am hopeful that it will make my perspective of life more brighter.

In no particular order
    EDIT: I wanted to add one more thing, at the top of this list. When you feel sad, or hurt, especially at a parent, it helps to step into their shoes. Parents get old and their health goes downwards. Ask them, how are you, is everything ok? When you get a chance, try to use positive words.

And it doesn't have to be a parent. If you are sluggish and tired on Monday morning, lend out a helping hand to someone in the office who is neglected. Perhaps the person delivering the mail is lonely, buy them a cup of coffee and a bagel and give them a smile.

I believe that helping people (especially people who are lonely and no one wants to be around), especially when you feel down in the dumps is the number one most therapeutic thing you can do for yourself.

Below is my original list:

There is a kind, loving, beautiful, redemptive force in the Universe, that created the Universe, and that maintains the Universe, and when it sees fit, will destroy the Universe to make way for another Universe.

Hinduism describes this as Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva.

Christianity describes this as the second coming of Christ when he will take all his children with him and the evil-doers will be banished.

Pop-culture calls this the Apocalypse

You have Earthly Father who is a Human being, hence not perfect, but you have a Heavenly Father who has planted seeds of greatness in you. Your Heavenly Father wants to bless you, but the problem is you are on Earth, which is dominated by dark forces bigger than you.

As soon as you are beginning to make progress for something, these dark forces try to discourage you with thought like, "You don't deserve to be happy", "You don't deserve a good husband and a kind MIL", or "You were only lucky to be where you are."

No matter if you are happy or if you are sad, you must always remind yourself that this force that created the Universe, or God as we call him is controlling everything.

Words have a life of their own.

If you speak negative things about yourself, your children, your spouse, well, what do you expect?

We need to speak positive and encouraging things to each other or at least keep quiet.

If a respected parent is putting you down, remind yourself that Gd believes you are great. And if that same parent is worried a out their health, reassure them that they will get well. And take more concern for them, perhaps they will also use positive words ... It is never too late to start afresh, which brings me to my last point ...,.

There is life after death.

I used to get worried about, what if I lose my job, what if I lose my family, etc, etc.

You will never lose God. God has great plans in store for your life if you keep in faith.

You may be surrounded with dark influences who are putting you down, saying you are not "normal" according to them.

But do you know what? God made you the way you are on purpose. Dark forces may control the Earth, but it is God who controls the Universe and and soon as these dark forces see you have strong faith in God, they get scared and go away.

Thank you for reading this whole rambling.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Autosuggestion is perhaps one of the best ways of coming out of a worried mindset, to my knowledge. I see this blog of such nature. Nice to read. And all the very best. -rgs

3. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Autosuggestion ... just went on google ..... I am amazed it has been around for so long .... And I wish more Doctors can use this method. .... It is free of charge to use kind words ....

When I was younger and I learned how in Hinduism they chant mantras, I didn't understand the purpose .... Now I realize that ancient Hindus were quite advanced and they understood the power of words ....

4. balarajesh

balarajesh Senior IL'ite

Very nice thought God is always there for those who believe him the most ...Keep going

5. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

awesome. Same thought as I have in my mind. This is why they say we all are souls in a body!!!