Leaving USA..time to go back home :((

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Jun 25, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Got the confirmation and all set finally..heading back to India in November for good.
    I should be happy right?
    After all I have been lamenting in lots of posts on how much I miss India!
    BUT..irony is I am not!
    My heart skipped a beat..a very heavy feeling..why am I feeling bad to leave this adapted country?
    why am I suddenly seeing only the good things of this country when I had all this time to be happy but only cribbed?
    We are not going back just like that.The pay is amazing,the career for dh is promising and I get to live and see the family and friends,festivals what not?
    But I just do not feel happy..I am shocked myself!!MIL is on cloud nine waiting to join us..

1) I see my closet filled with beautiful western outfits which I cannot wear in our country freely on the roads as I do here without being scrutinized or judged.probably it might have changed in that aspect..
    2) variety cusines esp p.f changes which I love!
    3) I am going to miss my car driving...
    4) privacy...
    5) lovely neighbours..
    6) basic courtesy
    7)equalness..in India disparity btw rich and poor is so shocking..
    8) My lovely home

I guess I have gone crazy..I should be happy with the dream offer and going to India but I am writing about this to you lovely ladies with tears trickling down my cheek.Guess it is dramatic yet the truth...

Lesson learnt: Never criticize or take anything in life for granted.once it leaves you forever,that is when we know it's true worth.

US might be my adapted country but I feel like it is my second mother after India...

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

When you think of your childhood, you remember your mom's cooking, the warmth of the family, neighbours, friends from school. You don't remember the challening days or when you cried badly or when someone hurt your feelings.

Mind is such. It remembers only the good ones more strongly, particularly when the possibility to revisit is less.

I am sure in a month from now or two or three, you will wonder on why you left USA and all the wonderful things about here. You will forget the lonely days, you will forget the monotonous life, you will forget the lack of conversations and lack of purpose which you had felt. You might even forget why you ever thought of leaving the US.

But after a year or two, you would have forgotten US. You will not long for it. Everyday will not filled with boredom any more. You will never be alone. Though life might be challenging in India, you will know that you are where you belong.

sindmani, anjanag, rekhad and 2 others like this.
  3. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Need not worry, half the US ladies one day have to move back to India! God has good plans for you and that is why he is moving back.

1. Western clothes - if you no more need it donate it for the homeless.

2. You are going to be with your parents and in laws, they are so very happy and think of it.

3. For the few days you gonna love India - the celebrations.

4. Now you have a different view of Indian culture. A maturity that which sees the good things in every culture.

5. Think of good things. Make plans to do in India. A home or anything. These months sit and plan what all you want to buy from USA.

6. May be you can start saving and plan a vacation to USA after few years.

There can be thousands of reasons which makes us stay away from India, at times we ourselves find this land better, but India is always India and it is our identity! Life has so much to give you. I bet, after you travel the whole of India, you still would love India! Think of optimistic good things.Good luck.

sindmani, Lavanya30, hridhaya and 3 others like this.
  4. ritzsri

ritzsri Junior IL'ite

I just moved to US few months back and evry single day I crib that why we shifted here, missing my friends,family,my own house etc..
    But after seeing your post I realized that nothing last forever,so whatever comes on its way, we should enjoy.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts

2 people like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yes ritzsri..trust me blindly when I say "Never take anything for granted".

I am glad my post is helping u in some way.

Be happy dear.Enjoy in this lovely country as long as u stay.
    Instead of looking at things u miss,enjoy the things u have.After all,nothing lasts forever!

6. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Brinda,

Am in the same page. I never had the intention of staying back here, but after 6+ years, I believe am going to miss USA.

Cant help it, but all negatives of India hits me in parallel, with all positives of US getting highlighted too..

I guess it is because we know USA& associated life-styles will no longer be AVAILABLE to us.

I have a very strong reason, so motivated to move in next 8 months. Also, bought a villa, so I keep day-dreaming about different aspects of the Villa, to keep me motivated like a carrot in front of donkey.. ha haa :)

God !! Everything looks so appealing the moment we know we can no longer have it.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

so true justmyself..

1 person likes this.
  8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Just my 2 cents

1 person likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Brinda,
    I understand your predicament but almost all the things you mentioned are also possible in India. So go have fun!
    PF Changs? There are great Chinese places in BLR now. You will forget PF Changs ever existed. Try mainland china, three quarter Chinese etc as soon as you get there.

Driving? I used to drive. It was tough initially but you'll get used to it. I did, after six months or so..

Neighbours - I had good ones in both places. It depends on your luck. Hope your stars are in your favour always. I'm praying that with my next move soon, I have as good neighbours as I have today.

Privacy - It's totally up to you. I had tonnes.

It takes time and effort and of course a whole lot of patience to get comfortable in a new place, no matter what country it is in. Go have fun. I envy you :)

sindmani and (deleted member) like this.
  10. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

i understand your feelings. once we are in a comfort zone we are reluctant to move.
    " if you can solve a problem, there is nothing to worry cos you know the solution.
    if you cant sove a problem, worrying doesnt change anything so no need to worry"

2 people like this.