1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learnt

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Oct 4, 2017.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I was excited about last year's diwali, no not for the sake of crackers, this time I was going to meet my family and celebrate diwali with them……. Any festival is fun when you celebrate it with near and dear ones, isn’t it??

I had a great time visiting relatives and talking about many things, but was in my mind for a long time was not just the time spent with family, but the 3 little boys who were looking at me while I was bursting crackers, well I understood that they wanted the crackers, so without hesitating I gave away few of the crackers to them…. These guys I am sure must have been not more than 6 years, the moment they held the crackers in their hands I could see their faces lit up like a million stars. I could not believe that half an hour had elapsed already admiring their innocence that it seemed like a short duration.

I was waiting to see these little ones burst the crackers, instead they met with other boys probably of their age and shared the crackers with them, as they were empty handed………

It was a wonderful sight to see all these tiny ones bursting crackers together and in harmony.... Again I gave crackers to the little ones who were initially standing and looking at me, to my surprise this time they shared the crackers with other group of guys and thanked me wholeheartedly and gave me a toffee which ofcourse I could not refuse………

These tiny ones waved good bye to me and left the place with their million dollar smiles on the faces…. As they were moving farther away from me, I was still standing at my gate, draped in my silk saree and looking at them…. These kids had silently taught me the art of giving and sharing, not only during diwali, but every time...

life becomes meaningful when you learn to share and everyday starts and ends with a peaceful feel…………….

They could have burst all the crackers themselves, instead both the times they shared it with others and also acknowledged me by thanking me and a toffee for me………….. This was yet another thing which I learnt to thank people who help me and acknowledge them…………..

Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Heartwarming .
    There is more happiness in giving than in possessing.

3. nandinimithun

Hi susila....

You are right, happiness is when we give, and share

SCSusila likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

When shared happiness increases and sorrow when shared decreases to some extent if we express our concern wholeheartedly.
    PS

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

The happiness can come from how you spin your own thoughts. An older person in a silk saree should mind those stray sparks that would come off a diwali sparklers or crackers. It is best to let the children do the sparkling/cracking and the silk-clad one stand at a safe distance and watch.

If you get a good silk dress ruined, you'd naturally think " Learn everything you can.....there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did."

nandinimithun likes this.
  6. nandinimithun

7. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

8. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Sorry I am late here..Going through all the old threads here and posting comments on the ones that touch my heart
    Yes..sharing is certainly a form of happiness...when we see the happiness on the faces of those who receive from us, we experience bliss!! Beautiful :))

9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nandini!
    Sharing is caring! Beautiful snippet.

"Kelavam ballavarinda kaltu" an old Kannada saying, gives almost the same meaning as that of your quote. This is my favorite quote.