learning JAVA

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by boone, Jan 29, 2009.

1. boone

boone New IL'ite

Hi all
    I am planning to learn Java.
    I really don't know where to start from.
    what's the easy way to learn Java.
    I have some knowledge in VB2005 & How software programming language works....

I know Java tech' is a big ocean, but i want to start of with something like a beiggner to get job.
    Ladies who are working or learing java pls throw some ideas.
    Any learning websites. (urgent help me)

warm Regards
    Boone.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Boone,

Welcome to the amazing world of java programming.

There are some very good books in the market which would help you in becomming a pro in no time.

1 ) Complete Reference [this is a bible to java programmers in the early days]

2) Head First Java series by Kathy Siera is a very educative book with fun filled illustrations which makes learning enjoyable.

There are several other books but I reckon the above ones are highly recommended for someone who is a novice and can catch up on others gradually.

The Java API published by Sun is the best reference material.Sun's java tutorials are also very good.

The best way to learn a language/technology is to start playing with it until you break the system :thumbsup.Well try out samples, programs as you come across every chapter which would be highly beneficial in quickly picking up the semantics of programming.Hope you find this information useful.

Mind , java is lot more easier than other languages around so I am sure you will master it in no time with a pinch of effort and dollop of passion.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. pink_angel

pink_angel Senior IL'ite

Like sabitha mentioned Head First Java series by Kathy Siera is a very good book. I have started learning from that book and it makes learning very easy.
    Just do a google search and you can get the ebook online.
    Goodluck :thumbsup