1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learning algebra - a hillarious incident dedicated to teachers day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by savi0301, Sep 1, 2014.

1. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With Teachers day round the corner we remember our teachers who were the real Guru of our life. Gone are those teachers and gone are those Gurus. It is said the mother is the first teacher in a child’s life, atleast this still prevails. After mother, our teachers impart education on us.
    I still remember the name of each and every teacher who touched my heart apart from teaching me. Those were the days, learning was so fun and we were so eager. I loved all the science subjects and mathematics was also one of my favourite subject. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I remember when I was in Class VIII one fine day, we came to know that a new male teacher is coming to teach us mathematics. We were all looking forward to meet him. He came in the class, a young man of around 26-27, while we all in class were around 13-14 years of age. I was the youngest and also the naughtiest. Our Sir entered the class room, he was a local, belonging to Bihar, and as was the tradition those days he was wearing a white dhoti kurta. He entered the class room and first introduced himself, his name being Shri K.K.Singh, saying he has just finished M.Sc in mathematics, and this is his first job, we did not even know what does M.Sc means, those were the days of child innocence. I observed that while teaching a class of young girls, he was quite shy and averted eye contact. I was very mischievous and in between, raising my hand, would ask him Sir, if you could kindly explain once again, I am not able to understand. I knew he could make out I am being naughty, he kept smiling and continued explained to me.
    He had this terrible affect on us, and we liked his teaching the very first day. Next day was the first class of Algebra lesson. He was explaining the very basics a+a becomes 2a whereas a x a becomes a2 . This simple basic was becoming very difficult for all to understand and absorb, but I could make out instantly. Exasperated, he asked if anyone in the classroom has understood what he wanted to explain. I immediately raised my hand, my Sir knew I was going to do something mischievous but he had no option but to call me near the blackboard. Oh to go in front of class room and explain to the entire class, was a like a dream being fulfilled in those days. I went to front took the chalk in my hand and started explaining to my class mates, copying my Sir, saying ..see lets forget this axa and a+a, let me take some other letter to explain this funda. I wrote on the board lets say K+K and k x k and was able to make the class understand. But the whole classroom burst into laughter, knowing who was my target. I had taken the initial of my Sir to explain algebra. Oh my Sir could not help bursting into laughter too and he laughed so much that he said oh I cant teach anymore today, will come back tomorrow and left the classroom laughing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This whole incident spread like a wildfire in the school and from that day my honorable maths teacher was called as K square sir . No doubt, I was his favourite student throughout. He used to teach us chemistry and physics too. In chemistry one problem on titration, no one was able to solve, but I could solve too. He was so proud of me. The day we graduated from school and I went to the last time and touched his feet, he touched my head with his palm, with tears in his eyes and said my child I will never forget you. He said you were my only student who could solve the problem of titration. Though he is no more, but those memories of those happy moments, fill my heart with happiness and gratitude whenever I remember them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1 person likes this.

2. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

my husband's joke on algebra,
    'algebra is a kobra which makes a man kaabra"

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Savi to snippets. Good one was interesting to read andenjoyed too. Yes true some teachers we can never forget. I still remember my class teacher whom I used to like very much. You have a way of making others cry and laugh. I used to love Algebra

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Savi,
    An ideal snippet when Teachers' Day is round the corner.
    I laughed and laughed at the expression "K square"...you seem to be very naughty.
    Syamala

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Savi,

I learned Algebra first in 1968 when I was 14 years old in X Standard. It is an elective subject those days in which they teach Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry. My teacher had a peculiar punishment for students who don't pay attention in the class. If he notices someone not paying attention, he would ask what is (Dog+Cat)square. The student should correctly answer Dog square + Cat Square + 2 Cat Dog. If he makes mistake, the questioning would become much more intense with complicated words.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

lol............nice one about algebra thanx for reading

7. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji thanx for reading the post, even me i used to love Algebra, thanx for your nice words "you have a way of making others cry and laugh" thank you so much

1 person likes this.
  8. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

Dear Syamala, those wonderful days will never come back again, yes i was very mischievous always used to think of playing some pranks in the classroom, it was so hillarious that our head mistress even started calling him K square sir...........lol

9. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viswa, thanx for reading the post, ha ha ha (Dog+Cat)square, i am sure it must have been difficult for the students to reply, Maths had always been my fav subject specially algebra and trigonometry, but i hated Geometry