1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learn To Love - Final Episode

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 2, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot rgs for your kind wishes on our anniversary.
    And the saying about the tangiest one becoming sweet is news to me. In our case we have had all the various shades of all possible tastes. 28 years is such a long time to go through all the varieties of tastes.

thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Hello Meena,
    It's nice on your part to have spent your time reading this serial. And you were present in all the episodes with words of encouragement. Thanks for the support.

The whole story is based on the actual training sessions handled. The experiences shared by my fellow trainers long back.

I too am feeling the void. Should take steps to fill it. Have started thinking on the next story line. Watch out this space for announcements.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

thanks a lot geeven for your presence and your encouraging words.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    thanks for your time, which means a lot to me. In fact I was into so many things that I did not want to add to my work by starting a serial. But then I can't exist for long without the high provided by a serial. So I planned a tight serial strictly in 10 episodes trying to pack whatever is possible within that.
    I am very happy to see that you and all others like it.
    thanks.
    I have started planning for the next serial already. Again my plate is full and am looking for an opening.
    take care,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

you are perfectly right, Sudha. Yes, 28 is my age. I was born on the day I was married to Indhu.
    thanks a lot for your birthday wishes. (ha ha ha)
    sridhar

6. varalotti

dear archana,
    thanks a million for your kind wishes on our anniversary. Deep down all of us are very good, very loving and very authentic. But at the surface there are a whole lot of other things. In my view a true work of literature should touch our truest part that exists deep down. From your fb I find that it has done that to you. I am happy.
    thanks for being with me throughout the journey.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    You floored me first with your sms sent to me soon after posting the episode. And now with your standing ovation.

I'll make a confession to you. Unlike ALS or LA, I didn't make an elaborate plan for this serial. I just translated what I wrote for a tamil monthly novel. In a way it was like uppuma prepared in a hurry for an unexpected guest.

Manytimes what we prepare in a hurry might turn out to be our best. Proof: the side dish you prepared for me for Seva on Sunday. I simply loved it. It had the right dose of everything.
    I ate so much of seva and that side dish that I skipped my supper on that day.
    I am really honoured by this kind of a fb coming from a dear friend. After all the efforts I put in have proved worthwhile.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Bhargavi. And happy anniversary to you too. For you and your DH celebrated it on the day before the posting of this episode. May you be blessed with every kind of happiness in life.
    And thanks for quoting from my story to wish us.
    And for the heart-warming words you have of the serial.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Sofea,
    Your fbs, especially the ones you gave to this serial, have never failed to lift my spirits. I was using them as stress-busters most of the time. Especially when I got severely criticized for my novel A Love Story and the recent ebook The Lovers Park, saying that they are all gooey stuff.
    I simply shouted at back at them. Love is but a gooey stuff. Love is not a solid metal which needs a hot furnace and a strong blow to mould. Love is so gooey that the lover can be changed at the mere thought of the beloved.
    Aren't we changing the form of God at our sweet will? And our Lord chooses to reside in whatever form we create because the Lord Himself is nothing but Love, a gooey substance.

Your words and the words from other friends here in IL have sent a strong message to me to go along the path I have chosen for myself. I don't and can't write crime thrillers. Even the only one I wrote was so infused with love that the publisher was hesitant to classify it as crime.

And yes, thanks a lot for your kind wishes, which mean a lot to me and my dear wife of 28 years.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Hello Anuradha,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes on our 28th anniversary. It's really touching to see that you have quoted the lines I have written about my wife. Well, it's a hard fact, Anu which I and my wife alone can vouchsafe. That she gave a lot to me and that I gave next to nothing is a fact. And the least I can do to her is not to deny the debt. I have been praying to my Lord to give me a loving mind so that I can begin the repayment process during whatever time is left for me in this earth.

Many young people like you have quit reading stories. Or read only those crime thrillers. Even if it's a love story people now need a vampire to intensify the love feelings.

Only those books sell. The publishers always reject my work as "too good to be true." If only the publishers had rejected some books as "too bad to be true" the world would have been a better place to live in.

In a story like this you need not strain to learn the lessons. There is not even the need to read it again to look for the lessons. When your eyes shed tears then the lessons are learnt. Those are the only lessons that need to be learnt. And once learnt they can never be forgotten.

I can never thank you enough for your nice, long, sweet fb posted every week. We, artists survive only on compliments. I don't believe in criticism. Constructive criticism is about the worst type of bull**** I've known in my life. A piece of work is the artists creation very much like his child.
    Can you advise the mother - the next time when you give birth see to it the baby's eyes are larger, and the nose is sharper? Either we like the work or do not. But that is a statement of our taste and not a statement of the artists quality.
    Your fb has always been a source of strength for me, Anu.
    Will be looking forward to your support in my future serials as well.
    love,
    sridhar