1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Learn To Love - Final Episode

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 2, 2012.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,
    (You know my wife's name is also the same. And she too loves putting in a h before you.)
    thanks for the compliments. And thanks for the time you gave to my writings. When you are finished with this story you can read the other serials in this blog section and let me know what do you think.

I am not wise myself. But I can share my experiences and my readings to you all. That way even if they had not made me wise they will at least impact on you. That's the purpose of inserting those quotes from Gita and Foccauld. But these quotes did have a tremendous impact on my thinking.

Thanks a lot, Indhu, for your kind words.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Pallavi,
    Rumours were afloat that you will be attending the Bangalore meet. We were all looking forward to see you. But then we missed you.

thanks for the words of praise. Believe me at the time I wrote this episode and every time I read it I used to cry. I had to carefully hide my tears from my wife and from my colleagues. But that's what love does to us. There's no one who is permanently a villain or hero. In a normal movie they always kill the villain to have a happy ending. I always kill the villainy leaving the villain in tact.

And yes, thanks a lot for your kind wishes for our anniversary.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Sir,
    You are kidding me about the B'lore meet.. I did nt even knew it till I read your blog in the morning....and anyway i'm really looking forward for any meet in chennai..

4. varalotti

thanks a lot, nihasvin. In as much you loved reading the story I loved writing it. I used to revise the draft several times but every occasion was only a sweet experience. And when I start getting fbs from people like you I will be like a mother whose child is praised by all her relatives.
    And yes, a bigger thanks for your kind anniversary wishes too.
    love,
    sridhar uncle

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Mathangi for the fb. Our Thiruvalluvar has said it beautifully in one place "Even if the person has dome something equal to killing us, if only we focus on the good he did to us, all the ill-feelings will vanish from our mind."
    கொன்றன்ன இன்னா செய்யினும் அவர் செய்த
    ஒன்று நன்றுள்ளக் கெடும்

At the end of the day, at the end of lives nothing is going to matter more than the well-meaning relationships we have nurtured all our life. Nothing is more precious than being loved by our people, by our friends and relatives. Yes, none of us is perfect. If we go with a microscope to view their wrongs we can never be peaceful. Let's turn a blind eye to the people's flaws and view their good deeds with a powerful Electron microscope.

And thanks for your wishes. I shall definitely start a serial soon. Right now I am toying with two story ideas. Let's see which suits the season and our moods.
    thanks for being with me all through the serial. And for your nice comments and wishes,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    thanks a lot. Your presence through out the serial was a great inspiration for me. I was actually giving the refresher course to myself.
    You know being in this 'fault-finding' profession we tend to go overboard over other's wrongs. That's why I balance my profession with writing.
    You know what? While I was away at Bangalore for the IL meet Indhu had prepared delicious gulab jamuns at home. I just had a couple of them throwing off the weight loss program to winds.
    thanks once again. When I start the next serial I'll let you know. You should be present in every episode to encourage me.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Shanti. This time I did not want to take any chances. I had the ending clearly laid down in the beginning itself and built the story towards that end. Since I was myself a trainer for many years I could use a lot of inputs from my training materials. Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement for every episode.
    And yes, thanks for your kind wedding day wishes.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    I am really moved and touched by your gesture of offering standing ovation to me. For me a story has to end happily. And happy ending means everybody's mind should be filled with love. Pure love.
    Some of my critics still condemn my stories as gooey stuff. But I could not agree with them. You know what, yesterday as I was coming to Madurai from Bangalore by train I was reading my own novel A Love Story. Even after four years I find the story line interesting. And touching.
    I am happy that you like my brand of stories.

And yes FYEO deserves much more than that. But a poor accountant and a part time writer could give only this much to her.
    thanks for your support and encouragement, EQ.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Gayathri,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes for our anniversary.
    And what words of praise for the final episode, I was floored. Do you know I started preparing the draft on 26th January and have been refining it several times since then. Every time I corrected it I became emotional.

I am happy that you love the climax.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

thanks for your kind wishes for our annniversary.

And thanks for those beautiful words you have for my story. Happy to know that you want to become a trainer one day. That's a thankless job involving endless preparation. But it has its own rewards.
    A few years ago when I was checking in my baggage at the Madurai airport a smart looking stewardess came running to me. "Sir, I was in your training programme on creativity and problem solving in Lady Doak College."
    Nothing makes a teacher (or a trainer) happier to see people remembering them after years.

Give me some time to plan for my next serial. Will come up with a new story soon,
    sridhar