1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

latest trend

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by DrPreetha, Mar 19, 2014.

1. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Could anyone please help me in selecting latest trends in dressing for a south indian marriage? I know silk is the best, before 6months it was like wearing one single bindi matching plain to the dress color and leaving hair free.Now it is?Help me please.My sister is getting married and I need to know how i could be better

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Preetha dear Pure silk saree will be the best with matching jewellery. Now a days some people more than gold wear matching artificial jewellery. Since it is your sister's marriage you can wear goldjewellery.

Regarding this I wanted to share something which made me happy today. Thought of sharing with you. Today I had gone for a marraige , along with gold I wore pearl chain which I had made myself. It was a single chain which I made it double with inbetween red bead. Then I had to go to an Agent through whom we invest. There an young girl was saying aunty you are looking very nice, is it your birthday today. I told her i Had gone for a marriage. Later she told me aunty you take your dhrishti.

15 people like this.
  3. Nikky

Nikky New IL'ite

Hi Preetha,

Latest trend is wearing plain gold kanjeevaram silk sarees with designer blouse and accessorizing with traditional jewellery. Have a look under "bridal sarees" category in southindiafashion website. You will get lot of ideas.

1 person likes this.
  4. sreena12

sreena12 Senior IL'ite

Hey Preetha

I would suggest, you wear a pure kanchi saree. If u plan on pinning ur hair up, wear heavy jumki's else if ur leaving your hair wear big/thick necklace and go light on the ear rings and makeup..

Experiment with colors.. Matching outfits are quite dated. Try not to match much. Being a south indian, guess the best option would be gold ornaments. I love using bright color sarees like mustard, green, red..

Regards
    Sreena

1 person likes this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Preetha, I don't know what is in fashion esp in South, my only suggestion is keep your outfit and makeup simple. After all, it's your sister's wedding not yours. It is her day to shine as a bride and I personally feel it weird when women in household-sisters, SILs etc try to top not only each other but also the bride.

2 people like this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Pothys.com has a good collection and they ship too. If not you can just check them out online

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Laks, Pumpkin,Lucky and Yellow Mango thanks for the likes you all gave for my fb, I just wanted to know whether the like is for the suggestion I made or for the compliment I got from that young girl:)

2 people like this.
  8. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai Viji Aunty,
    Yes aunty I need to wear silk...Iam heavy built so worried if i would look more heavy.done aunty shall wear sari and matching costume or pearl

9. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Thank a ton Nikky..You have no idea how much Iam happy with ur fb.I shall let you know my selection

1 person likes this.
  10. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Aunty,
    Thank you once more for your 1st fb.No doubt they would have liked both"your comment and your compliment"

1 person likes this.