latest news.that could be vital while property buying......

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. adhi

adhi New IL'ite

Re: latest news.that could be vital....

Dear All

Do you have any inputs on this Subham Nagar. I am planning to buy a plot in this area. Your latest information will be highly appreciated.

2. adhi

adhi New IL'ite

Re: latest news.that could be vital....

Dear All

Do you have any inputs on this Subham Nagar. I am planning to buy a plot in this area. I can see lots of residents and vacant lands. No new construction i can see in this area. Your latest information will be highly appreciated.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the metro is getting flagged on tomorrow for the public. have to wait and watch if there is going to be a change. personally if it gets linked at guindy giving me access into velachery and the electric train route, i would prefer using the trains rather than the roads..it is easier, less tiring and stressfree..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I stopped discussions in this space because of not being able to tolerate the extinction of lakes.. seriously i remember asking many not to buy in places close to the lake. i remember somebody i advised against buying a plot close to perungudi lake..and was happy that she did not.

look at where we are at this point in time..chennaites..

If we were track back in time, the so called velachery became this stellar super costly place and not affordable to the middle class only after a politician made it so. and the stories at that time could curdle your interest in property. well i remember 2001 when a friend of ours asked us to buy a flat in ceedeeyes the one close to then sutherland..and it was <1000rs/sq.ft. and we could not afford it, to be honest and also the place used to feel so isolated too
    forward to 2007-2010..the rates and the development..reached a peak point..

AT the same time, no one who bought around the swamps questioned the govt. bodies or the builders who gave permission for the same..there are many flats along the bunds...if you are not so comfy travelling on road..just take the mrts and look on the sides..seriously it leaves me feeling so bad for all of us.. the greed, the desire to own a piece of land, and the people who exploited..

look at all the colleges and universities..they are pieces of grandeur..and most of them on reclaimed lakes.. no wonder you needed a boat to get the students out of a reputed college which is built on a lake. how did it happen.

there was a sez, then a part of the land was acquired, a lake goes missing.. out of the 1000+ water bodies we do not have many. forget the lakes..the pieces of parks get converted into canteens for the govt, in many areas..

My fil always talks about a lake at today's tvs lucas buildings. yes you heard me right it was a huge lake. same goes many places.. even villivakkam had a big lake..we do not know where it is today. ambattur industrial estate was once a lake.

Come to south chennai..1995-96..when there were heavy rains, and you were to go through adambakkam, the water that you step in would be crystal clear and you can see those fishes moving.. today any water that comes on through your street is black and scary.. even the beach.. i did visit the beach even before there was flood waters in..and i could not believe what i saw.. the beach water was so black and the smell was !#$#@$#@..and this was before the heavy rains.

you can always use google and see the fate of most lakes today..
    If i were to search through my harddisk i may have copies of the 2001- 2
    kilkattalai lake, chitlapakkam lake.. and

Rivers no more, only sewerways - The Hindu

that sembakkam lake is so close to a 400house community.. a community that could have done its part in keeping it clean, and environment friendly. no we are more ready to find fault with the government.

Pollution in Perungudi lake - The Hinduhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallikaranai_wetland

The two deaths of Kilkattalai lake in Chennai

Catch Every Drop - Save Our Lakes Archives - The Alternative - Sustainability as a way of life

had to rant somewhere..there is more where this came..i have talked about it many times...

anushri and madras2018 like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ED attaches Rs 115-crore properties of Chennai developer

i saw a loads of indirect promotions from this above builder vgn. such good flats and such... so please be aware!!

real estate is in a slow down at least from what i see.

recently saw a poster that stated

buy 1 plot get 1 plot free and since i dont post much in re did not click it wish i did. it was not even chengelpattu and beyond. it was nr perumbakkam. such ads definitely should make you dig in further before taking a plunge

6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

recently saw one - pay 999/- and move in :)

Shanvy likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes @GoogleGlass gg . i get sms every other day.

8C02B4EE-370A-428B-BE4A-D485CE657726.jpeg

where 3500 and 4500 were the ruling rates..

and add the new guideline values and transparency required by the common man.. and the bad signals coming from out of india..

and the number of unoccupied locked flats on omr and yet construction goes on..

absolutely makes sense to keep away from checking re..

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

true @Shanvy - buy only if u need to and u r going to occupy - else keep away, RE never an investment alternative right now.

Shanvy likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

poor middle class enga povom.. banks not safe, the new bill if finalised thought scares the hell out of him, adhaar holds him by the hook, the bleeding share market and the cost of living and reducing interest rates oh boy.. a friend of mine says i now store my jewels at home . cant stash cash who knows when a new note wiuld render my sweat sapped noted worthless..

oopps it is just that it is so bad yet we boast of acche din..

anushri and GoogleGlass like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@k11 what is happening. long time.