late periods if intimate -- any idea

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by HakunaMatata, Jul 25, 2015.

1. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My DH having low sperm count, taking medications.. when we intimate during my ovulation period, that month i will get late period like 40 days or 37 days..

this time it extended to 43 days, i checked pregnancy test on 42th day.. it showed good visible light pink color in the pregnancy kit..
    we also checked blood hcg level, it was 96.. doc says the level shows pregnancy is positive, but very low hcg that have to be on 42nd day..

the very next day i got periods, so doc did scan and says it is not pregnant, just late periods.

thyroid, sugar, hemo and sizes of organs everything is normal for me.. usually i get periods on 30th day, it is very regular..

My doubt, why I m getting late periods, when we intimate any days near or on ovulation days?

can my DH low sperm count the reason for this?
    Just confused about what to do next.. Pls advise..

I asked my doc about these, she says to meet her, once after my DH sperm count increased..

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

I think, u got early miscarriage, it is common for so many women's, so don't worry dear...If u r husband have low sperm count it can be increased with medication. Now a days most of women's are suffering from Pcod, hormonal imbalance and thyroid. But your so lucky u don't have any of this. Some times late period causes late ovulation.

1 person likes this.
  3. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Thanks @pinkydarling

I m using ovulation calendar from websites which calculate based on our last periods date.. is it correct way to calculate ovulation days?

4. pinkydarling

1 person likes this.
  5. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

@pinkydarling, then how can we calculate the ovulation days? any idea..

6. pinkydarling

Sorry dear I don't know exactly. Actually I am having irregular periods that's y I did not concentrate on my ovulation. But one year back I was on treatment for 6 months at that time I ovulate on day 16th of my period and I had regular periods with medicines. And I have Pcod. From 3 months onwords iam not going for any treatment. But my periods are regular like comes on every 36 days. But this time I was missed my period for 10 days so I did a pregancy test it shows faint positive. Iam waiting for my blood reports to conform the pregancy.
    U pour all your Queries on TTC thread. U will surely get answers for your Queries and suggestions. In that forum you will get good and supportive friends also......

1 person likes this.
  7. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Thanks @pinkydarling for your time and replies.. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. pinkydarling

Oho....It's OK, take care dear...

1 person likes this.
  9. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

To calculate ovulation dear it is since the date of you finish last menstruation 15 days up that is half of the month or cycle.;)

10. Jameela

Jameela Senior IL'ite

Me too i have menses until 36 day of cycle, sometimes i have spotting what makes me suspect and did a pregnancy kit test but was negative and 12 days after i got menses but before had fever and didn´t felt well, it is very strange how body can react im nurse assistant but never give up being amazed with human body and specially nature.

2 people like this.