Laproscopy Od For Pcos..

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by PushpaNreddy, Jun 28, 2016.

1. PushpaNreddy

PushpaNreddy Silver IL'ite

Hi frndz, pls help me on this.. My sister in law was having irregular periods...When we went to a doctor last month we got to know that its coz of PCOS(after scanning and few blood tests).... Doctor is suggesting to do Laproscopy Ovarian Drilling and during the procedure she wl chk for any tube blockage... She is asking us to do in this month cycle only that too on Thursday... Can anyone advise is tat too early to do the procedure or consult some other doctor and get it cured through tablets....

Need ur suggestions on this very badly guys.....

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

that is the process...but for any operation i would suggest a second opinion.Medicines are the first line of cure generally depending on severity of the cysts. directly laparoscopy i think you should take second opi

3. magician

magician Silver IL'ite

If a doctor is urging you to have surgery within a month of meeting them, I'd raise my eyebrows.

PCOS has natural treatments. It might take months, years, but ---
    a. Lose weight. Easier said than done. Less of processed foods, more of whole grains. Fruits with the fibre and green vegetables. Take bioflavonoids.
    b. Cut out dairy, smoking, alcohol, if any.
    c. Workout three times a week.
    d. Check any ongoing medications for drugs that maybe be wrecking your hormonal balance.
    e. Cut out stress.
    f. Look at holistic medicine such as Black Molasses, Vitex, Chromium supplements.

and the list goes on.

Anyone tells you drilling on the word 'go', please get another doctor.

4. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

better consult another doctor for second opinion....check drilling is really needed? or it can be treated with medicines...life cycle changes....

tube block u can find out cheap via hsg instead of laproscopy ...incase u don't need drilling for point 1

5. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

PCOS can be treated using medicines. Do not opt for surgery so soon.

Agony likes this.
  6. Sags

Sags Silver IL'ite

You didnt mention if your sis in law is in TTC or not. If yes then thats a standard procedure they do if they are already trying for couple of months for kids. There is nothing wrong. But you have to trust the doc first. If you dont trust then just leave it.

7. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello !

IMHO, advising for an invasive procedure at the first visit of making a diagnosis is surprising !
    I would have my doubts about thee intentions of the doctor , if I were u..

But yes , if the couple had been ttc for a very long time, then may be ..
    I would still suggest conservative line first before jumping into anything that needs u to go under the knife..
    All the best ..
    Take a second opinion if u can

8. PushpaNreddy

PushpaNreddy Silver IL'ite

Thank u all lovely ladies for the reply... Sorry for the late reply..

Here is an update.. We took second opinion from another doctor and my SIL undergone Drilling last week....

Vasumathy likes this.