Laparoscopy experience....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

I am not sure if Rs 44,000 was costly, for Kerala. My friend did Lap in bangalore in 2013 and it cost her 1 lakh plus including medicines and hospital stay.but she had ovarian drilling and some sort of tubal rectification.i have Pm ed you the hospital details.
    In my laperoscopy they found out that i had a UTI which had spread to my cervix. so they cauterized it.Since there was a wound from this process which required healing, my doc asked me to refrain from ttc for 6 weeks. generally, u can start ttc from next cycle i believe. And i conceived in the 2nd month of ttc post my lap

2. lol

lol Junior IL'ite

Hai teejay....thats great news that you have conceived after this....one of my friend had lapro and they cost only 15000rs...thats why I asked you....any way you have conceived no....congratulations

3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

thanks @lol. 15k sounds really cheap. may be she did it a while ago? if you can get it done in that rate,go for it.provided the laparoscopic surgeon has good record of success (more babies as result of the lap) .

4. lol

lol Junior IL'ite

She has done last month....I dont know as you told is there any variations

5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@lo I have no clue. its better to ask the doc .or may be any one else in the forum can give u more insights

6. lol

lol Junior IL'ite

k dear....thank you

7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    We have been ttc ing for almost 2 years now. I have an endo cyst measuring 3 cm approximately on my right ovary. Did IUI twice . DH reports are normal. I also asked the doc whether lap will help me. He said he will IUI again. I am little skeptical about this. I have regular cycles. Not sure what should be my next approach.Can anybody advice? I also turned 30 this year..:(

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Give it a try with the upcoming iui. If it's not working out, have a second opinion and check cyst removal needs priority or not. Take up treatment routine along with that.
    All the best.

9. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy, Thank u very much for ur suggestion...

10. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Also Please let me know a good laparoscopic surgeon in chennai if you know.I dont want to make it more worse than it is now..as u know sometimes they say cyst removal might bring down ovarian reserve and it has to be done properly....