Lalitha - the Goddess of Srividya tradition (Navarathri Special 1)

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chith

Thanks for sending the links for the slokams to be chanted for Navarathri. I shall chant the slokams that you have mentioned from tomorrow along with my usual slokams. Thanks you once again for immediately sending me the links inspite of your busy schedule.

Love and regards
    Priya

2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi CV Ma'am,

I am a new IL member and have been generally reading many threads and posts written by you, more specifically related to Spirituality and Shlokas, in particular about Ambal, Lalitha Parameshwari. I am taking initiation of Sri Vidya Pooja and am deeply interested in any topic connected to Her. All your posts are so well written, I feel you must be a very special person, a "chosen-one", as they say, by Maa Herself to bring so many meaningful insights into our lives (of lay people like me). Can you tell me how to access the posting of Lalithambikai of Thirumayeechur?

I am unable to find the right words to express my thanks and appreciation. Cheers and looking forward to your reply,

Padma Srinivas

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    Thanks for your nice words.
    To access the picture,
    go to the Religious forum & click "search this forum." Type
    Sree Lalithambikai & click posts & not threads..
    It will take you to all posts.
    This picture is in the Lalitha sahasranamam - tamil meaning thread.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

I am preparing myself for Navarathri and took a printout of the everyday Navarathri slokams you posted. I have a question - I recognize the first three groupings (Balaa Shatha Nama Stotram, Shyamala Dandakam and Sri Lalitha Sahasra namam). I don't recognize the fourth and fifth. Can you clarify which text they belong to? This is for my own understanding. This is the first time I am going to keep the bommai kolu and observe Navarathri on my own, and you are my inspiration. Thank you so much (I wish I could come visit you and personally thank you!)

-Sindhu

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear Chitra Ma'am,

I got the picture, also went into the the 'deities' pdf. stream and found all the lovely pictures so painstakingly posted by you. This thread also gave me a lot of information about the numerous Amman temples dotting the areas around Mayiladuturai and Trichy/Tanjore belt.

You would be the right person to clear the doubt we (my Devi group) have on the puja vidhi for Lalitha Sahasranamam chanting... Is it correct to offer flowers/kumkum when we chant in the form of couplets, or should we do this only when chanting Namavali with Om Shree Mathre Namah.... We had a long discussion on this without reaching any convincing decision.

Also, how do we both exchange PMs? Is it possible for me as a new IL member?

Thanks,
    Padma

6. Chitvish

Dear Padma,
    It is customary to offer flowers or kumkum only for namavali archanai.
    You are not allowed PMs. Send me e mail to my name here at gmail. I cannot post my email id here or I will post it in your profile.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Padmasrinivas

Thanks so much, Chithra Mami for the prompt response.

Padma

8. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

Dear Chitvish:

I need some advice....

we used to have a srichakra which we got from a temple when we sponsored koti kukuma archana. recently my mother-inlaw passed away and my wife bought back my MIL's sri chakram back to our house. so now we have two sri chakra's -- is this OK ?

9. Chitvish

Hello rrajago,
    No problem. You can have more than one.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

10. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

Dear Chitvish:

I am so glad that you are able to share all this. I have two sri chakrams. I have placed them in a nice box which is open and lined with cloth. I do not have any formal upadesam. I have decided (as you also pointed out) that I am her vastu and its up to her to decide what she wants me to do. I have learnt lalitha trishati and wanted to know if I can do kumkuma archana to sri chakram while reciting trishati - because apparently trishati should be done with kumkumam (as opposed to flowers). and then what do we do with the kumkumam ? should we remove it like we remove flowers the next day and store it seperately ? or do we let it be and next time do on top of teh old kumkumam ? also what should we do once we collect a lot of kumkumam ? is it better to keep the sri chakram on a flat silver plate or is it better in a box ? since I have two chakrams I guess whatever I do I do it to both ?

can we do lalitha ashotram with flowers followed by trishati with kumkumam ? or if you want to do sahsranamavalli, trishati and ashtotram ...is there a vidhi or procedure ?