1. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Lakshmi Nair recipes - in Magic Oven

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by blossom83, Apr 26, 2009.

1. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

hi
    i am from tamil nadu and i love watching lakshmi nair's 'magic oven'.i am looking for her cookbooks in english or tamil as i can only understand malayalam but can not read it.can anyone help me?
    thanks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi blossom

me too a fan of Magik Oven...i make it a point to watch every episode...the host explains all procedures very thoroughly & patiently.......have also tried many of her dishes....they are yummy.......

regarding books, not aware if she is writing them........

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi
    mee too a biggggggg fan of lakshmi nair...
    let me know if there are any of her books...

4. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

wow...i didn't know so many fans for her...when i searched the net i could find her book 'pachakavidigal' but its in Malayalam...and i can't read Malayalam....so i can't buy it:confused2:.

why don't u all post her recipes here especially non vegetarian recipes...and share it with all...i will be joining my husband in Malaysia a few months and i left my recipe note there when i came back 2 india for my delivery. i will post her recipes in a few months...

thanks

5. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi blossom...

oh thats a bit tough job dear..to rewrite all her receipes......i take it down as and when she cooks something interesting...........and cannot scan the written content as only i can read what is written & nobody else bonk hmmmmmmmmm...if time permits will pick some interesting ones and send ....:thumbsup

meanwhile try if any online videos available of her cookery show on kairali TV website....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  6. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

hi
    even i have some of lakshmi nairs recipe's they are pretty old. i never got a chance to view her show after i reached uae. if u want i can give u some of her old ones.
    ani

7. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

ani -- the show is telecasted every friday afternoon 1.00 pm UAE time on kairali tv...

8. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

I NEVER GET A CHANCE TO VIEW THEM . mostly by the time i will be sleeping.. anyway next time i will try... thanks a lot...

9. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

thanks...can u please send them to me? I couldn't get to watch ehr shows when i was in Malaysia as I don't get kairali...only after coming here I am watching it.... is there any website that has her recipes?

10. maanasa

maanasa Silver IL'ite

i usually record all her cookings.