1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lady In My Apartments

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SRK123, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am just venting out for the sake of my sanity..
    So this is what happened - this lady B who lives in my community, has never been a great friend of mine(for so many reasons).. but my son and her daughter and couple of other kids are in the preschool age.. I was actively looking for a good preschool for him, i was always touring the schools, talking to parents, reading reviews etc.. She always kept on following up about preschool whenever i see her at playground or clubhouse.. So one day, i liked a preschool and was excited about it and while i was walking from the parking lot, she was right there!! So naturally, i told her that i liked so and so preschool and im gonna put my son there.. So she said that, i will also put my daughter in the same preschool.. i was ok with that, and i joined him right away, she joined after two months..

Another thing is that most of us (me, this lady and some other ladies who have same age kids)didnt have a driving license.. I started working on my driving license, and for me i decided that i will put my son in school right away and wont wait for my license as my husband is mostly working from home at that time, sometimes i will take a cab to the preschool.. i was ok with that..

She was always following up on my driving practice.. it looked like she was waiting for my license so that she can join her daughter hoping that i will give them rides to school pick and drop.. I was ok with dropping them.. but i never promised anything to her.. I also told her once politely that if she tries and gets her own license its good for her as it will help her in many other things.. also i told her i can drop and pick her to preschool when im driving anyway i have no issues.. she even asked me to write her online driving written test for her - i rejected politely as im against this.. i told her that it wont help you if i am writing your exam.. she felt bad for that but i couldnt do much about it..

also she was always following up about my driving test - she also told me that there are some people who can finish driving in one month - i told her that i will do it in my pace.. she got offended again.. i started hating her attitude.. because its always very obvious what she is thinking in her mind and she thinks i wont understand.. and its looking cheap as well..

In between all this she joined her daughter after two months because its getting difficult for her to handle her at home.. i got some referral benefit into my childs account for referring her at school.. she thought i referred the preschool to her because of this money.. which is not true..i honestly didnt know this benefit exists.. i never once asked her to join the school, i was being very cautious here - i told her that i liked the school for my son and then she wanted to join , i never even followed up to know if she is joining ? she always thought that i am very sensible person and i can take right decisions for my kids etc.. i never claimed that though..

now since my license is still not here, she also came with me in cabs and we shared the money between each other .. i had to always remind her to book the cab whenever its her turn.. that was also frustrating.. it went like this for another month. and most of the cab money was given by me.. i just left it and moved on.. In the meantime another lady joined ..

finally my license came within total 3 months.. In this three month period, I didnt like the preschool so much as i realized it was not a right fit for him.. one day we decide to pull him out of school and then we did, after i pulled him out - i got my license the same week..

now she felt cheated.. she was hoping n waiting for my license and now she has nobody to drop/pick her.. but i can see feel her frustration but i also know its not my fault as im not the one responsible for that..

after i decided to pull him out, i made a call to her and let her know that i pulled my son out as i felt its not a right fit for him.. she said indirectly that - i was not good at picking preschool and unnecessarily she followed my instincts and put her daughter in the same preschool .. i told her that its not my decision to put her daughter in that school and i never pressured her to put her there. Infact, i always told her to look carefully tour the school talk to the teachers and decide, but she didnt put that effort also.. also, no matter how smart you are, or how much research you do sometimes you end up in a wrong place, and that can happen to anyone.. I didnt like the way she spoke to me and i have reduced contacts with her after that and she kept calling me everyday asking me to drop her here and there, i didnt want to do that and i made excuses..

She came yesterday to my home uninvited, and started enquiring how my driving is going on , and now since i started driving, am i going to places with him? etc.. she was hoping that i can take her and her daughter wherever i go with him.. Obviously i dont want to, so i made excuses to her, its very clear to her now that im not of any use for her.. she made an evil face and told me that - put your son in this another preschool, where a lady S has joined her daughter.. Since lady S is very smart, she is very sorted out, she can take good decisions, so i am sure that new preschool is good.. I told her that i can do my research and look into that school also and thanks for suggestion.. Then she said - "she is not a STUPID who decides preschool based on school tours/parent reviews/online reviews", she is very sensible - now atleast make a good decision this time.. I was shocked to hear that.. I gave some back answers to her but not effective ones as i was in shock :)) I told her to leave - indirectly i told my son that they are leaving.. she felt bad and left..

Another incident is - 3 weeks back there was a bbq party in our apartment for which i got allthe supplies and paid for them(we all share the cost and i get the money back from girls).. but didnt claim the money from them for 2 weeks as everyone at my home was sick and i was busy with that.. and then 3 days back, i messaged int he group about it, then everyone in the group told me that B told them that she paid for the party and collected money from everyone.. I was shocked, she read all that conversation and called me and said - sorry i forgot to tell u that, i will give you money back.. Now what does that mean? Its not about money, but i hated her attitude..

I decided to cut her off completely. But dont know why i can still feel the negativity.. Also i feel that i should have given it back to her - my ego is hurt when she called me stupid.
    You may correct me if you feel im wrong anywhere.

Sorry for such a detailed long vent.. Thanks for being patient..

2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I think u r right to feel bad how she treated u in ur own house.what u did was right n keep her away from u bcz that lady is full of negative not just thoughts but acts too..horrible stuff to tell ppl she gave the money u could have confronted to her .. stay away from her ..

I also think u could have given her hint how the exams are ..it's no big deal just written n driving she has to anyways..
    One person whom I knew was taking driving practice class before I come to states n I asked her just how is the exam she just gave me the paper that tells everything .i did not know they give that way but even though I did not know they do she still gave..

Shisha, Sunshine04 and SRK123 like this.
  3. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

i did confront her - she got panicked and said that she was about to give me my money and i asked before she told me anything lol.. i didnt want to embarass her any further so left it..
    About driving written test, i have always told her and have been telling her that its not a big deal.. just start doing it and you can do it step by step.. she tells me that her hubby is not interested to help her with the practice and asks me to sit in the car with her.. but her hubby has all the time in the world to go to the bbq parties and then he sits with the male gang and boozes almost throughout the night. thts not my problem anyway.. but all i want to say is , she wants everything easy without putting any effort..

Yes, i am never gonna reply her messages.. i will try to avoid her as much as possible.. thats my plan for now.I am not a person who really thinks too much about anyone, but dont know why this lady has a strong effect on me.. may be i have too much free time these days.

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I understand your plight..
    There are some women who have a problem or create problems for others.
    Even if you mind your business,they will still feel you have an attitude!!we cannot do much about those ladies..

try to stay away from her as much as possible.This may sound extreme but if she is totally robbing you of your peace of mind..maybe switch apartments..this is the last resort.

SRK123 likes this.
  5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

oh this was driving practice oh ok that's completely diff then and right wat u did..

I would say help her if she really needs one but stay far..

True it happens if u have too much time we start thinking a lot n when u said u don't think abt others so let go of it.. u know driving just go by urself to mall or pamper by mani pedi ..

Sandycandy, sindmani and SRK123 like this.
  6. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

thanks anika for the reply..
    i will stay away from her.. i have so many other good friends in this apartment, i have earned a lot of respect and good friednships here.. she is only one such specimen.. i told less than 10% about her in this thread.. but she did so many things with others also.. i wanted to get out of this feeling asap, hence this venting thread..

7. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

thanks sangeetha and anika!!

8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@SRK123 generally the referral bonus is shared among the parents. If you want to maintain distance maybe time to return the referral bonus. Since you have been very laid back for getting payments from her for cab or other services maybe she took her own time to return the money for party. I think she doesn't have any evil thoughts about you. Just be supportive. Developing friendship and bond goes long way. Looks like you are economically and financially better than her. Maybe be supportive for her to get license. You never know when you need people in life.

Shisha and peartree like this.
  9. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

You handled things really well, in my opinion. I would be just as shocked as you were, about being called stupid. It's better to avoid this type of character. No need to get embroiled in drama and stress.

SRK123, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Please stay away from her. She is a user.
    As some one has mentioned, she is not going to help u in ur time of need.
    I have been used like u many times.
    Not anymore .
    Just block her ph number

SRK123 and Sandycandy like this.