1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies in Scarborough - let's connect

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by srilatharajesh, May 28, 2013.

1. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi geetnik

good u r coming to scarborough. which place in scarbrough?

dont worry about immigration questions they didnt ask anything and it so happened with many other who are coming.have the address where u r going to stay u have to give them in the airport itself as they will note it for sending your PR cards. prepare yourself well for a new life here. bring as much cooking utensils as possible bcos they r very costly (including silver plates for eating). getting a job is v.difficult so bring some provisions for initial 10days.dont :bonk ur head more. any other thing u want to know keep me posted i will guide you.

happy preparation and journey

2. geetnik

geetnik New IL'ite

hii..

thank u soo much for your response.. well i need to find adress from my husband,,, hmm about job yes i m very much tensced,,, about geting any part time jobs wld b nicer,.,,, hmmm yes i just want to know things to get for newly wedcouple ,,, as a wife wat i can get to canda,,, about food items, clothes, gold, etc,,,,,,

3. geetnik

geetnik New IL'ite

hey.. srilatha.. how are you? i just started my packing, and bit worried about the gold jewelry.. i jus want to take few small stuf. how to manage ? where i should pack thjose? and how. small stuff is like ear rings, rings, chain,, thats it. so please guide na.. also wat kind of assemsnt i shld make for my jewelry.. do i need to get notarised? or jus find value in CADs.and give them the list??? during port of entry..... jus guide me

4. srilatharajesh

hi geetnik

keep limited jewellery and in ur handbag itself. assesment not required if it is not much. actually they did not ask us anything they just asked how much cash we r carrying and thats it. so dont worry much

5. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Geetnik, you can get gold from India,but don't wear too much as here lot of chain snatching happens.recently it happened to one of our friends.she is newly married and wore only thick thali chain.This is not to scare you,but letting you know the things.

6. geetnik

geetnik New IL'ite

hi,,,srilatha.... and alll ladies... i have reached scarborough safely.. lets connect.. n b in touch with .....see u soon ur mgsss

7. srilatharajesh

ya sure geet. any help u want jus mail me.

8. suchitrakumar

suchitrakumar Senior IL'ite

Hi srilatharajesh
    I am waiting for my visas to canada we are migrating to canada as PR. As we don't have any friends or relatives there. I need someone to help atleast in the initial days. Can u help me in some areas like renting appatrments,nearby good schools etc.please very much worried bcos till noidea about initial place of stay.could pls help me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Suchitrakumar.

9. geetnik

geetnik New IL'ite

pass me ur email. and also fb id if u have... i do ned frnds here,,,, :(

10. srilatharajesh

hi suchitra

share your mail id i will fwd some information and links to you