1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies in Providence, RI....pls introduce ur selves!!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Rhode Island' started by sandhyadevan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. sandhyadevan

sandhyadevan New IL'ite

Hello ILites,

I am Sandhya, and I have been in US since 2 yrs and married for 2yrs....just 3 days back me and my husband moved into Rhode island from Chicago. But I somehow feel I have just reached US from India... Yeah feel like this is the first time I am in US.... No friends around.... Everything looks so new and different from Chicago.... Was wondering if I wud ever be able to make friends here....and hey how did I forget IL.....so here I go...creating a forum to make friends....get to know each other...and we might never know, we might find friends forever in this place...
    :)

So let me start with myself.

I am a person who loves to keep life and thoughts simple and beautiful. I love to travel, dance, listen to music, photography, go for adventure trips, take long walks, organize trips & events, chat on phone for hrs with friends....

We live in Cranston and I am currently a full time home maker :)

So gals...pls introduce ur selves and let's get to know each other.

Hope to see some good response:)

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

:) I dont know how many responses you'd get here, Sandhya. But, I couldnt hold back ! :)

We will be moving by this year end and hopefully will meet up. :) Starting a house hunt again in Oct the second round and will then, decide on whatever we had liked and depending on the availability.

Do visit MA.. its as beautiful as RI ! Are you a Keralite ? Just checking wether you would be celebrating Onam.. Thats all. :) If yes, Happy Onam to you and your family.

3. Vidhusathya

Vidhusathya New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

This is Vidhya. We just reached Providence, RI. I have 3 year old daughter.

We are urgently looking for good apartment near Cranston area. (preferrably near Pre-Kindergarden)
    Could you please suggest some of indians residing apartments near Cranston or around providence area.

appreciate your timely help.

Thanks
    Vidhya

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vidhya,

Cranston or Warwick should be good. Few of them which we saw
    Chateau Properties, Cranston
    The Ledges, North Providence
    Royal Crest, Warwick
    Grand ville at East Greenwich

These were the good ones off which we looked .. the rest if the size of the apartment is not a big concern but has utilities included are.. Willowbrook and Villa del Rio both in Providence and Warwick. Hope this helps. You can Google them out and plan a visit to them. You can check what's available and move in right away. Downtown.Providence isn't safe as any downtown in any part of the US. So look a little away.

5. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

HI, I'm moving to woonsocket in a week... anyone from woonsocket/nearby? I'd love to make friends.

6. pizzamaths

pizzamaths New IL'ite

Hey ladies.. Moved in new to Cranston. Wanna make friends. Pls msg your mail Id in private msg. house wife with a toddler and a baby. Thx.

7. poorvasabu

poorvasabu New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am willing to join your club to make friends in Rhode Island. I am planning to move RI beginning of August and I will be working in CVS HQ. Currently I am looking for good community housing near CVS HQ. I have heard Lincon, Cumberland and Providence are good cities to stay. Please suggest.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
    Purva

8. phenkumal

phenkumal New IL'ite

hi guys, i just discovered forum and feeling a little weird posting here :)
    me and my husband live in providence, though have been here for 2 years almost, i work in warwick. hope to hear more from you guys

ashima

9. gayathrijan20

gayathrijan20 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm new to USA and new to Indus ladies.We just moved to Lincoln Rhode island...getting bored here ...looking for friends near Lincoln or providence

10. apoppy

apoppy New IL'ite

Hi all,

We will be moving to rhode island soon due to my husband cvs project. I have a 3 yr old kid. Looking for some suggestions on apartment names and location to stay with indian community within 20-25 mins travel to woonsocket. your help means so much to me.

thanks