1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies from Vancouver - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sheefa

sheefa New IL'ite

hai,
    This is sheefa recently we got canadian PR.now we r in US we r planning to move to canada(vancouver) within 1 to 2 yrs.my daughter is 4yr old.can any give me input about schools in canada (public&private),cost of living in canada,job oppurtunities(IT FIELD)

2. amismiles

amismiles New IL'ite

Hi this is Ami,
    Would like to make some frds,
    I am married with a boy of 4 yrs

3. banda

banda New IL'ite

hi all

iam from bangalore, and telugu speaking. we are here for past 6 years. we stay in delta, vancouver.

4. priiya

priiya New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Im Priya .Im here in Vancouver for almost a year and Im from Chennai.
    Nice to make new friends and meet u all!

5. sheefa

sheefa New IL'ite

Hai Priya,
    this is sheenaus.iam from chennai.right now we r in US.we r planning to move to vancouver december 2010.i have a 5 yr old kid do u have any idea about schools.

6. priiya

priiya New IL'ite

Hai sheenaus,

Welcome to Vancouver!
    Actually since i dont have children, Im not sure how I can guide you regarding that.I dont know about the schools. Do you have any idea which area you would be residing when you come to Vancouver? Let me know if I can help you with other details.From your previous post I learnt you want information on IT field and cost of living.Im in the IT field.What kind of job or you looking at or if you already have a job let me know what kind of information you want.I will help you with what I can :)

7. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

hi priya,

i'm radha, currently living in seattle, will be moving to vancouver by july/aug this year.my dh is in IT, can i get some details about job search, like how to go about it, rental apartments in burnaby (right now we're thinking about this area), like how much a 2 bedroom apt will cost etc.

thanks for any info. also any other place where it is safe to live, good school district, job opportunities, easy access to all place.

thanks again.

radha

8. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

also i forgot to mention my dh is looking for IT project manager/Sr.Business Analyst roles.

thanks again,
    radha

9. retina

retina New IL'ite

hi, all im arthi from pondicherry,

1 person likes this.
  10. priiya

priiya New IL'ite

Hi Radhakarthik,

Sorry i saw this post very late.Are you already in Burnaby?
    Mail me at lp.n@live.ca, maybe we can get in touch.

If you have not moved. Yes, Burnaby is a nice place. New Westminister is good too. Apartments near Lougheed, Brentwood, Metrotown etc have shopping malls right close by.So selecting an aprartmnet near one of these malls is good as there is a sky train station available close to the mall. The Rent in burnaby for 2 bedroom high rise is atleast 1500 -2000 CAD . If you go for an considerable old apartment , which is not too high rise, then you can settle for 1300CAD per month, Brentwood is quite similar to Lougheed. Metrotown is slightly expensive, but the location is good. New Westminister can give you good apartments for 1200 CAD. All these are rates for 2 BR. Town houses will be cheaper if you are not keen on an apartment. Other areas you can look for are Gilmore, Joyce, Surrey (Surrey is an indian area, It is cheaper to rent there but its a little far ,but you get all the necessary Indian grocery and shopping and what not!). It all depends if DH has got a job ...and you want to move nearby etc etc

There are many IT jobs in Vancouver. Has your DH got a job already?

let me know. Mail me , incase I miss seeing the thread again.

Good luck with your move and welcome to Vancouver!

-Priya