1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lack Of Connection

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by overthinker, Feb 12, 2017.

1. RiyaB

RiyaB Silver IL'ite

OP,

Just wanted to weigh in with my 2 cents:

It is possible that the girl from India didn't want to overreach herself. Without meeting somebody in person it is difficult to get any connection Investing emotionally in a man you have never met is not a good idea
    After all you never did make it exclusive with her so why should she reveal her inner self to you.

She may be a very outgoing girl within her friends' circle but remember to her you are a stranger with whom her relationship had an uncertain future, hence the awkward silence.

If I were you I would have tried to meet her in person....she could have been a pleasant lady and maybe things could have picked up.....

Have patience and keep an open mind.

Best,
    Riya

2. overthinker

overthinker New IL'ite

She works in my company and lives 15 mins away from me. We met in restaurants, went for long drives etc.

I wish I felt more sure about her.

3. overthinker

overthinker New IL'ite

True. But it felt risky going so far just to meet her and then finding out after marriage that she never was that into me in the first place.

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I am glad that you realize that we are all trying to snare the likes of you into some kind of irrevocable contract. And once you are caught, you will be stuck being a salary mule supporting someone and her children. You will live in a community property state. Half of everything you have will be hers. Your life will be over. You will be a zombie.
    :cheer:
    And then forced to live happily ever after... or... forever more, which ever comes first. Or is it whichever comes later? Anyhow, that is the way it is.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  5. overthinker

overthinker New IL'ite

Final Update:

Finally decided to let the new girl know that I didn't have strong feelings for her. My interest in her suddenly increased from 10% to 100% today after she changed her hairstyle, dressing style and put on some makeup. She is really pretty now. (What black magic is this?) :flushed:

We are getting married within the next one month. Thanks for all your replies and insights.

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:facepalm:

Congrats op.....You seem to have your priorities sorted out.
    Happy band Baja baraat to you!:beer-toast1:

7. RiyaB

RiyaB Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Overthinker
    But interest going up from 10% to 100% in a span of a day.....:fearscream::sconf:
    It would be better if you spend some more time with her as in getting engaged next month and marriage after a few months thereafter ....so that you are just 100% sure about her & vice versa

Mistt likes this.
  8. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Congratulations!

I hope your interest stays the same even if she changes her hairstyle, dressing style again or gets tired of applying makeup in future

Bestmom, Mistt and penpaal like this.
  9. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

The second girl is brilliant. With little makeup and makeover she is able to win your heart and mind. Hope you don't change your mind even if someday she forgets to apply makeup.

Mistt likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Well said and both of your replies made me smile....Thanks:)