1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

L2 visa interview

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by deepti15781, Jul 28, 2010.

1. deepti15781

deepti15781 New IL'ite

My husband already had his L1 visa stamping..my L2 visa interview is scheduled next week..i am afraid about that..like any one else i also dont want to get rejected and want to fly with my husband to USA...i have all the valid documents showing our spoucial relationship..But still there are sum apprehensions about what they will ask..what will happen...i really am afraid...pls help. If any one of u have ever been to L2 interview alone plss tell me what are the chances of approval if wife visits alone for the interview. What did they ask you, How to convince him/her etc...THANKS IN ADVANCE..

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deepti,

I've been to L2 visa stamping.. its very simple . the key point to remember is , if they ask you "will you study or Work in US?" you have to say no.
    the only intention of going with your husband is to keep the family united and be a moral support to him .

Learn the company name of your husband and client name. which city he will be working from , how long is his project.

this much information is enough.
    make sure your finger tips do not have any cuts. they will ask you for fingerprints.

In few consulates they wont allow if you have mehandi in hands, so make sure your mehandi goes off before going.

Good luck !

3. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

@Ranchu - Any idea which consulates have a problem with this? My s-i-l will need to go for stamping.. So asking abt this..

4. deepti15781

deepti15781 New IL'ite

Its been 5 month since i am married..so there is no problem of mehendi..anyways thank u very much for the reply..it was a relief..

Did'nt they ask u this question "why did'nt you accompany ur huaband when he came for the stamping.."

As in my case, I did'nt accompany my husband at that tym 'coz i applied for the passport after marraige and i did'nt recieve my passport by that tym from the passport deptt.
    Can i give this answer to them if they ask this question???

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deepti,

Yes that answer sounds perfect. They may ask you about your marriage whether it was arranged or love marriage. Make sure you have enough details to talk about your marriage. if it is love you can share the yr when you met him etc.
    Please carry your wedding photos. its very very important. Also wear your mangal-shuthra, bhindhi (based on your customs) , etc.

@Aparna,
    In chennai consulate this is a problem , they asked one of my relative to return back and re-schedule . So during my wedding I had applied mehandi upto 3/4-th of my finger. left my finger tips blank.
    Good luck to your SIL ! Am sure u'll have lots of fun with her once she comes. (engalayum marandhudaadha. ;) )

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. deepti15781

deepti15781 New IL'ite

Thanks a ton:thumbsup....

7. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

That's really odd.. When I went for my visa interview abt 2 yrs back I wasn't asked anything about the mehendi.. Looks like it's all a case by case basis and depends on the person sitting behind the counter tat day..

Gud luck to u deepthi :thumbsup

8. deepti15781

deepti15781 New IL'ite

ya...thanx a lot...i am in bad need of luck...

9. deepti15781

deepti15781 New IL'ite

Thanks all for ur valuable answers..my visa got approved today...The VO was not strict at all...she was nice to me..she said i will be getting it in a weeks tym n she took my passport..The question asked to me were..
    1. Today in which country ur husband is?
    2. Where will u go in US?
    3. When u got married?
    4. How many ppl attended ur marriage?
    5. For how many years ur husband have been working with xyz company?

Thats it..n then she said the golden words..

Ladies there bought the entire heavy album..i dont really think there is a need of carrying the entire heavy album ..especially when u r with ur babies..it really creates a mess...only 8-10 pics suffice...although i was not even asked for that...

Although she saw no documents which i carried..not even marriage certificate...but still i suggest that u to take it with u..for many of them she saw the documents for verification..u never know..what will be the requirement and when...so its always gud to be on the safer side rather than again takin the date of interview n returning back home. It will create an inneccesary delay..

Cheers and thanks once again..:cheers

10. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Congrats Deepti!! Glad you got your visa approved :party

You are definitely right about there being no need to get the entire wedding album. All you need is a small tiny album with a few photos taken during the various wedding rituals. They generally don't ask for the album and even if they do the small album is sufficient..

When are you planning to travel?
    [/JUSTIFY]