1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

L2 visa holder having 7 years of experience in IT field in bangalore

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by helpme2012, Jan 17, 2012.

1. helpme2012

helpme2012 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I recently came to Us with my hubby and 3 year old kid. iam currently staying in jersey city. I have applied for my EAD on October 31 st 2011 and done my biometrics and just waiting for my EAD

My son goes to school from 7.30 to 3.30 and iam feeling very bore to sit at home. after 7 years of experience in IT field. even during my college days iam not used to be alone.

So, i was doing shopping, going to library, preparing cakes, trying different dishes. Iam making myslef engaged. but after 3months i feel really bore and frustated of waiting for my EAD.

So, can anyone suggest me in passing my time.

Iam the college topper and always iam so ambitious and i feel i should not waste my time and i always used to be engage in doing some work.

I have lot of goal in my career too. But teaching is always my passion. I have a special interest in teaching side.

But my husband is a person who wants her wife to take care of her kid, cook well and be at home.

But iam totally different type. I like to take care of my family. but at the back of my head i always have a goal to achieve something than a normal women.

My husband criteria is i can go for work before my son comes to home. so, from 9-2 iam free at home and i thought of making myself prepared for going for elementary school job

but in Us we need to do some certification to work as teachers. anyone has any idea regarding this?.

After 7 years of experience in software field and earning lot of money and now iam without any penny. for everything i have to depend on my hubby. Iam feeling bad about it.

I got a job after my college. I have not even got any penny from my parents as well as from my hubby. I usually thing that i should not depend on anyone for money.

But i feel i should be a good mother. As i was working in India and i dont have any support to take car eof my kid. he was in day care and he faced lot of issues.

So, for him i have decided that I can go for teaching jobs in which i have a special interest.

Can anyone suggest some idea for me?

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I can understand your situation and lot of women who relocate to abroad face these kind of emotional stress.But remember there is a reason for your decision to be at home and try to enjoy your family life.I can understand your pains of sitting idle at home,but think that as a opportunity to enjoy some quality time with your husband and kid.Any one in the couple should compromise for family issues..You are having good time with library and trying out new dishes..that is a happy news to hear..you are spending quality time rather than just eating your mind by yourself..good go..

Start looking out for the classifieds in the local newspapers and apply for those..there should be some offers those don't need any certifications..Also if you are interested to can approach your local library and check with them for any openings in it..

All the best for you..Cheer up gal..this is the right time for you to enjoy with your family..You have worked for so many year and think that this is the chance for you to take some rest and enjoy life..Explore yourself for new hobbies and interests..Am sure you will find out many things ....

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

You can find jobs listed in craigslist that allows flexible timings. But make sure you choose genuine ones as there are lots of spam ads in craigslist...

4. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Contact your local county Eduction or school office to apply for teacher certification. You can be easily qualified to teach, but pay cheque will be less compared to IT field.

5. vedasamhita

vedasamhita New IL'ite

Hi ,

I can understand how it would be, but trust me, enjoy these few days of your life by spending some valuable time with your family. You can give interviews in the meanwhile, you would get some hold on the market.

Once you get your ead , you can start working. And believe me, once you get into work, you may not find enough time to rejoice.

6. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

7. latha123

latha123 New IL'ite

Hi helpme2012,
    I am also on L2 visa, On reading your story i just felt like me , me too very ambitious about career, college and school topper , had 7 yrs of IT experience . I moved to USA in april in june i got my EAD . Did you receive your EAD.? Joined any where?