1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kutti Blog 1: Hell Became Heaven. How?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 12, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hell Became Heaven

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Request you to give a transliteration for the poems so that non tamil readers can benefit...hope it is not a burden for you. will come back with the fb.

3. varalotti

namanum murkalanum pesa
    narakil ninraarkal ketka
    naragame suvarkkamaahum
    naamangal udaiya nambi
    avanathoor arangam ennathu
    ayarthu veezhndu aliya mandhar
    kavalaiyul padukinraar enru
    athanukke kavalkinrene

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Thanks for the transliteration...after reading the same only I could understand the full enormity of that poem..

I am just wondering about Azhwar's state of mind to recite such a beautiful, heart touching poem..No words to describe the feeling Sri. Morning I was talking to the one & only Mother and was lamenting as to why she still is testing me and lo I open my sys and read your blog as an answer to my polambals... What a way to end the poem too.. Whe She is there why should we worry about ourselves it is her job let her take care of her headache..what do you say Sri?

Sri on the lighter note...I saw the title of the blog "kutti" with 800 words:)....hope you restrict the kuttis with less than 1000 words :rotfl

5. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Iam here appa to read ur blog and read it also. iam very happy as iam on the same way as u said i dont think much about my problems as i say to shiridi baba and lalithambika that u are for me so why should i worry and get tensed.I believe them strongly.

Thankyou for these stories appa as lalitha mam said we get answers from your blogs.may god bless you for ever and evr to go on like this.

your lvg dd cum gf.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Kutti is short and sweet but the message is more sweeter.
    Only one plus point of Kaliyugam is Namajapam, which easy and simple. But still we forget that and go in for bigger ways to get relieved of our problems..
    Thank you for bringing these gems to us.

sriniketan

7. varalotti

dear bas,

I know I am demanding a lot of your time. But I think that in between heavy meals I should serve some light snacks. Hence kutti blogs.

My concept of kutti is different. It's about 800 words. An elephant's calf is also a kutti, right?

I read the poem on Friday when I came home for lunch. It was haunting ever since and continued to haunt me till I posted this blog. Since the main blogs are always about God's love I might digress into other topics for Kutti blogs. But even that depends on His grace.

Azhwar is exactly worried about persons like you and me, who are unduly worried even with God in their hearts. Especially the line narahame suvarkamaahum naamangal udaiya nambi is very powerful. Just chanting that line will fill our minds with love and peace. And when love and peace are there our problems and worries would flee for their lives.

thanks once again for sparing the time for me.
    love,
    boost

8. varalotti

Yes, when I read that you get answers from my blogs my happiness knows no bounds. Our problems are too much for our small intellects to handle. When we just leave it to His care our problems simply run away.

Thanks for invoking the blessings in favour of your appa. When you pray do pray for me that my writings should always give peace and happiness to my readers particularly daughters like you.

thanks for coming in DD.
    love,
    your appa

9. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    Now that you have raised Namajapam let me share my thoughts with you. I introduced Laila-Arvind story only to clarify my concept.
    You know a few months ago my Guru told me that in our tradition (Thennacharya Sampradayam) Namajapam is not encouraged. I was shocked.
    I have been thinking of that continously. Why should they almost forbid that easy of way of approaching God?
    Then it struck me. Our Gurus did not want namajapam to be used as a means to attain something else, if that something else is salvation or God's place.
    The Vaishnava tradition is abundantly clear on one thing. God is the end and the final goal. And God is the only way to go to that end. God is the means. Period.
    But Namajapam is okay when it is spoken with love. Like a lover constantly muttering the name of her beloved.
    To utter his name and keeping count of it and then looking for results is something a relgion of love always discourages.
    Hope I have made it clear. Or have I confused you more?
    thanks for coming in.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Not confused at all...but was a little bit shocked to read that it is not encouraged in our tradition. But the reason is reasonable.japam with love and faith is important..but it as a means to attain salvation..I think that is the catch..we always needs something easy to attain something impossible.

sriniketan