Kurti Material - Chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by vispad, May 8, 2009.

1. vispad

vispad New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Could you please suggest where to buy kurti material (all price range) for stitching in T.Nagar, Chennai. Going to India after a long time. Any good tailor in and around T.Nagar to stitch Kurtis.

Thank you
    Paddy

2. Nikii

Nikii New IL'ite

Hi Paddy,

U'd get kurti materials from Pothys and Chennai Silks in TNagar .. Pothys had some nice collection the last time i visited.. There is quite a good collection of kurthi materials in a shop at Pondy Bazaar..Cant remember the name,Its on the same lane as Rathna stores..Keep walkin past rathna stores and ul be able to spot it..I might go there this weekend, if i do ill get the name for ya..

3. nithuraman

nithuraman New IL'ite

Hi paddy

There are so many boutiques in T.nagar just go for a window shopping you will find many....and for tailor i found flora tailor to be gud in stiching the salwars....the fitting is good. i personally tried twice and it reallly worked out. i stay in chrompet and i come all the way to pondy bazar fathima plazza to give for stiching. The Flora tailor are in the third floor of fathima plaza.
    Just try out and see......i can also suggest you one place for dress materials its in egmore....panteon street after 3 pm the shops will opn and close by 7 -8pm you will get dress material for even 150 but some time the colour may fade you just need to little choosy while selecting the dress colour. i am buying dresses from panteon street for last 5 years.

regards
    nithu

4. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Where is the fatima plaza in pondy bazar?
    Whether fittings r good in flora tailor?

5. vispad

vispad New IL'ite

Thank you for your reply. Let me know the name of the shop in the Ratna Stores lane. It will be helpful.

Please let me know Where is this Fathima Plaza in T.Nagar. Any landmark?? Thank you somuch.

Paddy

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. nithuraman

nithuraman New IL'ite

dear Paddy

Its near saravanbhavan hotel or else the next land mark is univercel mobile store,or next to singapore shopping mall.
    The fitting is really gud....i come all the way from chrompet to pondy bazar to give for stiching in flora tailors. only thing is you need to specify your requirement clearly or else they wil not do it. like for me when i keep collar neck i ask them to keep a small open and i assumed that they wil do some work arround that and they wil charege for it but they did not do it and it was very plain.

7. Nikii

Nikii New IL'ite

The name of the shopin Rathna stores lane is Kairasi silks..i Hope it helps.

8. aanandhi

aanandhi New IL'ite

Where to buy kurtis

Hi

Anyone suggest me where to buy cotton and synthetic kurtis at reasonable prices in chennai.... i need some 20 -30 sets of kurtis wit a new designs......:idea

9. nebula2009

nebula2009 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Where to buy kurtis

hi
    Try it in big bazaar(vadapalani) or mega mart(alwarthirunagar)

10. deepss25

deepss25 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Where to buy kurtis

hi,

u can try in westside ,panthaloons,fab india, or kalpastree for good ones.regular ones u can check out in t.nagar.pondy bazar kairsai.pothys and so on....

deepa