1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kuppaimeni Leaves for removing facial hairs

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by gvi, May 2, 2007.

1. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Can anyone here tell another name for this leave? as it's not understood by non-madrasi like me.

2. revathey

revathey New IL'ite

In HIndi, kuppaimeni is called as
    khokali, khokali, khokla, khokli, kuppi, kuppikhokli, kuppu, khokali, kuppi
    not sure

3. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

Is there a difference between kasturi or just regular turmeric powder? And for the leaves, anybody know what it is called in English? The reason is because I live in Oregon, USA and there arent that many indian stores in my area.

There is one major Asian supermarket that has groceries from all over asia including india so i might check there.

4. smith21181

smith21181 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I heard about kuppaimeni leaves,but I didn't use it in India,so If anyone could tell me where I will get this leaves & kasturi turmaric powder in USA so that I can try it out.

Thanks in advance
    smith21181

5. neha gill

neha gill New IL'ite

Re: eagerly waiting

can we get these leaves in US

6. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

whts this kuppaimeni leaves mean? can anyone give english or telugu meaning?plzzzzzzzz:help

7. nikkita

nikkita New IL'ite

hey all dis is gr8 info.........even i suffer frm a sme prob but please tell me dat wat is kappimini leaves????:idontgetit:

8. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy
    Was the herbal mixture successful, can you give us more details, also ask your herbalist to give us more details so we can source it out from other countries, cities.
    Thanks
    Louise

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sugarnspice,

It just works as a bleaching agent..and and on regular use reduces the hair.

But, I am not using it now, as my doctor has given me a herbal hair removal. powder....which also stinks like anne french but is very effective... Will ask him if it is got regularly.

And he gave a tip that kuppaimeni leaves,pure kasturi manjal.(if possible i will post a picture of the pure one that he gave...it surely differs from the store bought one in the smell and colour..)

Soak little moong and let it sprout. Then add little kasturi turmeric and if you get kuppai meni, add that , along with some neem leaves, and grind it to a paste without any water..it will come to a sticky paste...you just apply to your body and then leave it to dry like any other face pack..after 15/20 minutes, just scrub it or pull it off depending on the texture...sometimes the hair also comes off with this... (I have used this for my daughter on weekends...) and the face comes of clean after the whole weeks, dirt removed.....(she is 12 i don't want to use any chemicals, or face packs..)

1 person likes this.
  10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Ohh.. so you use a herbal hair removal powder..Wher can we get that.Is it a commercial one? Can you name the product, so that i can give a try :-(