1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kundan work+Embriodery(stone)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by ish_nalini, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Does anyone have patterns like this.Please post it,I have an idea of doing Kundan work in sarees...

[​IMG]

2. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Nalini i sent you 3 designs,

I will try to send some more ,

regards

SHREESUNDARAM

Attached Files:

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hello SHREESUNDARAM,
    Thank you very much for taking such a huge effort to show me some designs.I am eagerly waiting for few more designs...

4. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

hi nalini,

Thank u very much for starting new thread.The mebriodery design is very good

Thank u very much to sreesundaram too by sending nice design. Pl be posted by

sharing with us.

bye

5. vinu1973

vinu1973 New IL'ite

Hi,

Please send the instructions on how to do kundan work.

6. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Vinu,
    Its is not a great job to do kundan work..You should have patience to complete the whole design and firm in it.
    Buy a ring and fit the cloth
    Doin kundan work alone doesn't make the design awesome ,you should have learnt embriodery so that like adding a feather to a cap it will be more beautifull.
    The stone can be bought in nearby fancy stores or plenty of it is available in T.Nagar(It will suite onlyif you are a chennaity).
    It has two holes,if you know hand stitching just place the stone on the right postion(center of the embriodery flower) and stitch a knot.

7. leka_praju

leka_praju New IL'ite

The emboridary design is very good. Thanks

8. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi Nalini,

Where are you in Chennai? Are you doing Kundan and embroider work in sarees. If so where you get the design and how you trace it in saree. You have any simple designs can you PM to me. I can use it for suridhars and blouses. I am doing saree designs. But in Chennai i dont know who is trace the design in saree. If you know anybody pls tell me.

9. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear rama,
    as for as designs are concerned you get it in Raja threads in ranganathan street and near by it is another store named pandian where you get lot of designs for the whole saree or churidar, blouses. you get one time design that is if you keep the design on a saree or blouse or churidar upside down and iron over the design. this will get imprined and then you can work on it. In pandiyan stores you get saree border and border for pallu (all in one stretch) embrodiered with kundan, beads, chumki, zardosi etc you can buy it and just attach it on a saree through hand stitches or using machine. for a whole saree it costs starting from Rs.650 and depending on the design the price varies.

also you get these designs in RS stores in adyar and pookadi - paris corner(i forgot the exact name of the street but if you go there you can find out easily) . But sorry no idea whether some one is tracing design.

regards,
    geeth

10. Inimai

Inimai Senior IL'ite

Hi Geeth,

It's nice to hear that we can get readymade borders with the works. How to ask for this? embrodiered borders or any other name?

Thanks!