1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kucch Paana Hai (gratitude) Toh Kucch Khona Hai

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 2, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

She takes a fall. Some part of her ligament/cartilage/muscle turns to bone. By the time she is 23, a large part of her body is ossified, so she can't stand straight. If she stands on two feet, she has to look down at the ground while talking. If she stands on one foot "like a flamingo", in the words of the young lady, she can stand straight and look into the face of whoever it is she is talking to.

She can't open her mouth more than 2 mm because her jaw bone is ossified. Her mom helps her with a few things - she can't raise her hands. Her shoulders were the first to get ossified. My heart goes out to the family. I wonder how she will survive once her parents are no more.

The documentary moves forward. She has a boyfriend. They buy a house and set it up in such a way that she can be as independent as possible. Wow! What a spirit.

At the very end she says she is grateful for the things she still has! It is often adversity that makes us sit up and take notice of all that we still have. It is only when everything is going great that we find reasons to complain. Maybe we need to be grateful for losing a few things - it teaches us lessons in gratitude and positivity.

Reminds me of the title song of a serial which I watched long ago (I don't even remember what the name of the serial was or when it was I watched it!!!) I remember the tune very well though. It goes:

Paana hai to kucch khona hai
    Hasna hai to kucch rona hai
    Yeh jag hai sukh dukh ka mela
    Har insaan hai yahaan akela
    Apne apne sab ke sapne
    Apni apni manzil
    Apni apni manzil

Giri12, Thyagarajan, SunPa and 4 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lovely song Satchi, so meaningful.

Feel sorry for her but appreciate her for her positive nature

Since ten days I am not well but still carrying on.It started with headache. After 4 days went to Doctor asI had to go to Kalady for my brother's 82nd Birthday. Enjoyed the function. Cane back on 1st July. Since then having gas problem and not able to eat. While eating it pains. Went to Doctor yesterday. First time having this problem. Hope I am ok soon so that I am able to go to Bangalore and

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

Dear Vijima,

I do hope you feel better. Please take care of your health. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your wishes. Same here

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I pray for quick recovery from your alleged(!) Gas problem. Trust you get the diagnosis done well.
    Thanks and regards.

iyerviji and satchitananda like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

True indeed.
    Thanks for sharing the plight of what you saw.
    It is said misfortunes never come SINGLE. it is married to other or other's FORTUNE?
    Adversity is necessary to enjoy and value later prosperity & abundance.
    God has a Boy friend in me!

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the feedback, Sir!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What about Stephen Hawking? In 1963, Hawking was diagnosed with an early-onset slow-progressing form of motor neurone disease (MND; also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis "ALS" or Lou Gehrig's disease) that gradually paralysed him over the decades.[21][22] Even after the loss of his speech, he was still able to communicate through a speech-generating device, initially through use of a hand-held switch, and eventually by using a single cheek muscle. He died on 14 March 2018 at the age of 76, after living with the disease for more than 50 years (Wikipedia)
    And we have the great Christopher Reeve who fell from a horse and became crippled for life.
    'On May 27, 1995, Reeve was left quadriplegic after being thrown from a horse during an equestrian competition in Culpeper, Virginia. He used a wheelchair and needed a portable ventilator to breathe for the rest of his life. He lobbied on behalf of people with spinal cord injuries and for human embryonic stem cell research, founding the Christopher Reeve Foundation and co-founding the Reeve-Irvine Research Center' - Wikipedia

Giri12 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. satchitananda

True. I have seen a documentary of a man who lost both his legs, but climbs onto a table and give talks. Such people are real inspirations and listening to them has two effects:

1. They are a tremendous inspiration
    2. They fill one with the desire to kick oneself in the back for complaining so much!!! :grinning:

Giri12 and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Have you seen the movie 'My left foot'?
    Here is a clip

He got the Oscar for this role