Kuala Lumpur Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. christine

christine New IL'ite

Re: Kuala Lumpur Ladies - Hi! I am christine shanta and look forward to having a grea

Hi!:wave
    My name is christine shanta ananda and i reside in petaling Jaya, Selangor , malaysia. I will turn 55 next week and am currently retired for a year. i have been working with our national electricity board for the last 32 years mainly in the fields of human resource and organisational development. I am married and have 2 daughters who are currently working in melbourne and sydney. I am a christian and have been playing the church yamaha organ for at least 40 years. I am currently trying to fade out and develop more younger oraganists. aprt from that i enjoy bothe classical and light music, sightseeing current sarees (and buing one or two if i can). The organisation in which i worked has a population of 22,000 employees. I can gleefully say :-D (thanks to my strict parents) that i was one of the few relics who wore a saree to work all my working life. However being the only daughter i have been utterly spoilt in that i was never driven to cook!!:cry: The new indian woman inspires me who is one able to be a wonderful homemaker, beauty and model. hence i would really like to learn some easy means to cook and to shed some weight!!!Hope i will be able to find some info tjhat can enlighten me in these areas.
    Shanta

2. priyarama

priyarama New IL'ite

Hi Christine,

Great to know you. Cooking is a relatively easy task. Its just that one feels it difficult and lazy to do it. Especially if you have maids to do the work for you, you tend to be even more relaxed. But I am sure with your age, experience and knowledge you would have some idea of cooking. The best way is to give your maid an off for a few days. Then you will be forced to enter the kitchen. Before marriage, my mom never used to let me cook, just made me cut veggies etc. So i was very scared and used to get cold feet whenever an emergency comes and i have to cook. So i used to wonder whether i can ever be a good cook like my mom. After marriage I was forced to cook. But surprisingly, cooking came naturally to me. Maybe all the observaton helped. And now i feel cooking is a passion for me. So let me know what kind of dishes you are interested and i can help you.

Also came to know that you were working for the last 32 years. I envy that because being with a hubby who is in a transferable job, working is always secondary. So I really miss having a job.

3. hindnaz

hindnaz New IL'ite

Hi ! I am Hindnaz (not real name). my family, consisting of hubby, 3 kids and m-i-l hope to move to KL in the future, but i would like to learn more about it through indians that live there already. I am anxious to know how life is for indian families there. Please do let me know about schooling, shopping, housing, and entertainment! Thank you !!!

4. tara13

tara13 New IL'ite

hi

hi,
    hi christine, wish you were staying in subang jaya.
    so we could exercise together.
    any ladies out there from subang jaya.
    please do get in touch with me.
    looking for ladies who like to go for walks,coffee, cinema,or discuss about anything.
    its so boring since i moved to kl.
    i think indian ladies should stick together.
    and not be envious of each other.
    mail me.laratara13atgmail dot com
    hope to here form ladies out there
    bye
    tara:wave

5. Sandha

Sandha New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am sandha and staying in beautiful Penang in Malaysia. I am a local here and presently i am teaching in a primary school on the island. i am 50 years old with a son who is currently working in Labuan, an island off Sabah. I hope to retire soon as I would like to get involved in more social work.

What do I like to do? I LOVE to bake esp. eggless cakes and at present i am semi-vegetarian...hopefully to be completely one soon. I enjoy cross-stitching and after 14 months, at last I have managed to stitched Ganesha for a friend::2thumbsup: I go to Bangalore every Nov till Dec and stay at Puttaparthi. I would love it if someone can tell me where in Bangalore can I get Indian cross stitch designs like ..peacocks, elephants..dieties

i enjoy reading articles from this web site and love the recipes.

would love to hear from anyone

6. Anna26

Anna26 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    I'm Anna and I'm 26 years old.
    I am now 8 weeks pregnant with my first BB and very excited and terrified about it at the same time, haha.
    I live in KL with my hubb, who is Indonesian.
    We have been living a very happy and busy life and now we're ready (we hope) for a change! In the past years we've been travelling a lot, and I would love to keep on doing that.
    I'm hoping to get some parenting advice from all of you, since I'm here without my mom or MIL to get me through this time. I do get great support of my hubb, but hey! what does he know? Haha.
    Take care all, Anna
    --

7. shobabu

shobabu New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to IL and a BIG HI to all u ladies here.

I have been in kl for the last 5 years as my husband took up a project here.Basically i am a chartered accountant from Bombay and had my own practise in India so initially staying at home was quite tough but now i am sure with all u ladies around it is gonna be fun.

I have a daughter who is 16 and is studying here.I love reading,listening to all types of music,cooking(nowadays try only easy instant recipes though....)and of course Bollywood movies.

Life has been great so far and the only thing i was missing here is the company of people in the same wavelength.now that i have found it....it is going to be great.

cheers
    shobha

8. drashini

drashini New IL'ite

Who am I

Hi to all the Indusladies member, :wave

Im Drashini 28years old and married. Im from Kuala lumpur. Im exbanker and currently Im a housewife. My hobbies are surfing net, reading , listen to music. I would have more friends if anybody intersted to be my friend pls welcome. We can exchange our ideas and opinion. bye now take care ladies :)

9. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Re: Introduce Yourself Kuala Lumpur Person.

Dear Shantha,
    I am Latha Sasidharan ,IL member and from Chennai.I am planning vacation with family in June.Thought of coming to Malaysia for holidays.Since you are living in KL I thought I'll ask you some info.Is June a good time to visit regarding weatherwise.What are the places of interest and best place to stay.We are a planning week's stay.Kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards
    L.S
    :wave

3 people like this.
  10. shobabu

shobabu New IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    good to hear that u are thinking of visiting Malaysia.Weatherwise anytime is ok as it has atropical climate(hot,hotter,hottest almost like chennai)But over the last 2 years rains have been less.Malaysia is a shoppers paradise,lots of malls around and branded stuff at reasonable prices.Places of sightseeing ....The twin towers,Suria klcc,Genting theme park a one day trip from kl, sunway lagoon a water theme park and a building with very good architecture, Batu caves a murugan temple with a towering golden statue against the hills....are some of the attractions.
    Cheers
    shobha