Kolu Photos - 2007

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by krishnaamma, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Kolu Photos

hi rajmi,

Your golu is very beautiful. You and surabi are too sweet. so this is the child prodigy. but where is your son. it would have been more full with all the three of you.

Chitramam,

Thanks for sharing. now i understand you dont go anywhere without your camera.

Krishnamma,

Looks you are missing golu too much. Hope more of ILites post their golu's. i will also enjoy along with you. as we dont have golu.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai friends

What to say, i think iam the unlucky one, since Rajmi invited me also to her place for kolu and also informed me about chitra madam's plan to visit her place , even i planned to join them but unfortunately i MISSED TH4E GOLDEN CHANCE TO MEET OUR LEGEND CHITRA MAM (since i was in position to go to my Chinna MIL and my SIL house)but i get chance to speak to her ( i felt ,feeling xtremely happy, that i spoke to her) :-D

latamurali:-(

3. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

Very nice to see you & your daughter's photograph. Even the kolu photographs are too good.
    Lots of love to Surabi.

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Shobana,
    Thanks. I just happened to see your message. That is why this late reply. Yes, Golu brings me too lots of memories. Wearing a different attire each day, going to everyone's house to invite them and collect that day's prasadam. As times change, everything else have changed too.

I am planning to post photos taken in my uncle's houses. Will do it in a day or two.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,
    Thanks. Waiting to see your photos. Yeah people have said that my daughter looks like me. The Chettiar is my MIL's seer. As the paint have worn off my daughter painted it with the help of my husband. The fence is made of icecream sticks joined together and that too was made by my daughter. The grass and the other plants are not original:tongue. Those were plastic grass sheets that I got in mylapore,Chennai. Waiting to see your golu photos.

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmiarun,

Nice golu. Happy to see that. As soon as I entered in IL first I saw your golu photo only. Superb. Especially your 'பொற்றாமரை குளம்'. Really it is a very nice golu. Good to see you and your daughter's photos.[/quote]

Dear Krishnamma mam,
    Thanks a lot. I had always right from my childhood days wanted to have a theppakulam, but when we were kids me and my brother used to do that with the help of a basin. But this year, when I had been to Mylapore for my Golu purchases, I saw this and immediatly got it. Infact my mom had so many very big big bommais, but those are costing a fortune now. But I am saving money to get those sets. Thanks again.

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Ami and Sinduja,
    Thanks a lot. I am happy that you loved the park arrangement, and the theppakulam. More ideas are welcome to improve it next year.

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,
    I am really sorry, that it slipped out of my mind that you live very close to my house. Infact I got it only after Mrs. C told me that you wanted to meet her. I invite you too here to visit my house for the Golu and take Vetthalai Pakku. Hope you will come for sure.

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Rajmi,

I am happy to see your Golu photos. The temple tank and Chettiar Couple look very good. Your daughter resembles you to the T. She's very cute.

Thanks to Chitra for posting the pic's. It sure is a long way from Mylapore to Selaiyur.

Cheers!

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Thanks a lot. Yes she is the child prodigy; she had painted the Chettiyar couple doll two years back. This year most of the grass arrangements and the icecream stick compound wall was done by her. Ofcourse with some help from her father.

My son was sleeping when Mrs. C came. I will definitely post his photo with him near the Golu doing some Vishamam.