Kolu Photos - 2007

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by krishnaamma, Oct 13, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,

I am here in Saudi and here we cannot keep Kulu like India. So I miss all things. So who ever possible , post your 'kolu/golu' photos here and share your happines with us. Can you? Eagerly waiting to see your kolu photos.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Kolu Photos

Dear Friends,
    I went to our Rajmiarun's house in Selayur for kolu this evening. I am posting some photos.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

[Dear friends,
    I am posting the photo of
    rajmiarun and her daughter annapurani (surabhi)
    standing by the side of her kolu.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,
    Thanks a lot for posting the photos. Infact to be truthful, I was wating for you to post the photos. Thanks again.

Dear friends,

I had invited Mrs. Chitvish and a few IL friends for this Golu this year. I am so happy that I am able to meet some of my virtual friends here. It was kind enough of Mrs. Chitra to come all the way to my house (it is close to one hour travel from her house to my place). She had come with a small gift a bamboo basket filled with camphor, agarbathies, Dasangham, cookies. (Both my kids loved the cookies so much.) Forgot to say about the gift she gave my daughter. An earring and a chain made of big pink beads. Lovely one.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chithra - thanks for posting the photos. Rajmiarun - your golu looks wonderful - we never had golu in my house growing up - but my grandma did - brings back memories. Thanks!!

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Rajmi
    I am sooooooooooo excited to see your golu photos. mine is far from nice as yours is. so very very beautiful. love the teppa kulam and the grass and the fence and chettiar. And you look so beautiful with your daughter. your daughter looks just like you. has anyone said it before. just like you. I am so happy to see your photos and ofcourse the golu. tomorrow i will go and fix mine to resemble yours in some manner and post photo next week. Thanks so much for sharing.

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,

Thank you very much for the photos. I think you will keep your camera always with you.:-D Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing it here.

Dear Rajmiarun,

Nice golu. Happy to see that. As soon as I entered in IL first I saw your golu photo only. Superb. Especially your 'பொற்றாமரை குளம்'. Really it is a very nice golu. Good to see you and your daughter's photos.

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Good to see you and yr kid through the snaps, Rajmiarun. Hope you must be lucky to have Mrs.C for navarathiri and being in Chennai, to get such a nice collections in the park, chanceless..They looks so good.

Thanks a lot for sharing, Mrs.C & Rajmiarun..

9. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Thank you, Chith for sharing the photos with us!

Rajmi,
    Nice to see you and your child's photo. I liked your theppa kulam and the park. Wonderful arrangement!

regards,
    Sindhu

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,
    Indeed a nice golu.You and ur daughter look so lovely.Like an icing on the cake you had chitvish come to ur house for golu...WOW.........

Dear Chithra,
    So you traveled to selaiyur...i never knew it.......:bangits too close to my house. Had i known ur plans earlier, i wud have invited you to my house too...My mistake..........I'm ignorant :-(..

Anyways, dear Chithra, you are welcome to my house Golu anytime :-D
    Dear ILites,
    All are welcome to my house Golu.It's my maiden Golu and i managed to keep 5 padis ....:-D .Sorry for not inviting you ppl earlier due to site down issues as well as i was held up with heavy work.