1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knower Of Nothing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, May 23, 2014.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

If stalwarts come under the category of "Know nothing" group where do people like me stand!!!! Some thing like - below zero. In elevators in big building we see 0 level and then comes -1, -2 like that. People like me are something like that!!!
    Syamala

3 people like this.
  2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear ,dear Jayasala,
    Dont take what i said seriously. Was just kidding. Of course i understand the value of zero.

I was extremely excited and happy to see a sweet tamil poem created specially for me. Really. And i am so grateful to you for taking the time over it.

A classic axiom says " he that knows nothing and knows that he knows nothing knows more than he that knows nothing but knows not that he knows nothing. " since we have all agreed here that we know nothing, we can be confident that we know , at least, Something !

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

My dear Kamla,
    Truth to tell, when I went ahead ,making bold to broadcast to the IL world what had been just a cringe worthy comedy track in family lore, little did I imagine that wise old owls and encyclopedias would rush in with application forms , filled in triplicate , demanding permanent membership in the shadowy club of KnowNothings . Each one knowing more about nothing than the other ! It was overwhelming !
    And what a mighty range of know nothings ! The philosophic brigade on the one end insisting , in their usual tweedledum-tweedledee type of cryptic reasoning that Knowing Nothing is actually Knowing Everything, the earthy, rooted gang believing that knowing everything leads to nothing but burdonsome expectations , a breakaway group of domesticgoddesses that once knew nothing but grew up to know everything ,exulting in between....wow, i dint really think I'd end up opening a can of onions . As a relief , Kamla comes in with an honest admission that though She may not know what we know, ie, nothing , she may yet know something we may not. And she is not ready for the club till she knows for sure what is it that she knows , whether it is everything about nothing or nothing about everything. Take your time, dear Kamla .

I am glad you found my post amusing though its after effects were obviously confusing.
    Thank you, kamla. And thrilled to be potrified by you.

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear shyamala,
    Subzero numbers are found only in temperature readings and elevators. In actual maths, zero raised to the power of how many ever zeros is still a zero. Likewise Nothing. There cannot be a mild nothing and a severe nothing. So , just forget about stalwarts and skin warts ; if you think you are also a zero, just rejoice , sister ! As our dear Jayasala has certified , Zero Rules !

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    thank you for faming my post in the FP forum. Got to learn of it from kamla just now. Couldnt thank you in the relevant forum because the thread is declared closed. Hope you see this.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju,

HAHA. who said u know nothing.Do dont know that u have taken indus over by storm, with yr wonderful writings, u dont know how jelous i am of yr popularity, u dont know how popular u are etc etc.

HAHA.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Manju..
    IGNORANCE IS BLISS..SSSSSSS... believe me.. its better than having the whole world think that you have a solution for EVERYTHING!! Believe me lady when I say this out of experience.. for me since I being the elder it was assumed by all that I HAVE to be wiser and MISS KNOW IT ALL.. phew sometimes when I simply look at my office staff and say "I don't know" instead of giving them a ready solution they look at me aghast with eyes full of betrayal as if they are certain that I'm saying this on purpose.. same at home.. mom's and In laws.. toooooo much .. and the icing on the cake was when my son was a toddler and going through his phase of "why s"... at times i would get really foxed and exhausted and tell him "I don't know" and he would look at me and say"okay mama tell me what you don't know!!!"...
    kerman

1 person likes this.
  8. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji
    You are the one who doesnt know anything . Storms are brief and temporary. They die down as quickly as they arise. Its Sunshine like you that keeps warming everyone's heart day after day after day with endless light and cheer.
    Dont waste jealousy on me , Kamalji !

2 people like this.
  9. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Kelly,
    There ! you said it too :' manju, you knownothing ! You havnt been in my KnowEverything shoes !' Hehehe! Its ok, Knowing nothing about one more thing isnt going to hurt !

So you belong to the small group here that feels being a declared Know-Nothing provides blanket intellectual immunity and perpetual exemption from having to know anything. If you insist I am blessed, i am not fighting it ! But, sad fact is, things dont work that way. You dont know anything .

Tell me mamma what you dont know ! laugh1smiley Trust a child to come up with something precious like that !

Thank you for looking in, Kelly.

1 person likes this.