1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knife – A Precious Thing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Caide, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Hi all, I have no idea where to post it, so I am posting it in “snippets” for now :)

We all have some precious things (Non- living things) of our own in our life and get angry or sad if we lose it.

Yesterday’s incident made me realize that everything which are under our possession may have some connectivity with us even though we don’t consider it as precious as other things. :)

As I am a disturbed sleeper (and of course single:p) I preferred to stay in a single occupancy room and I am staying in one now. And also I don’t like certain things like sharing soaps, towels, combs, dresses etc also made me to select this kind of a room.:p:p Still I have to give my key to my warden as electrician work is going on.

I have my own basic things for my basic needs and one among it is knife (to cut fruits if something else crosses your mind knock it off and it’s of course not for safety;)). I never considered it as important as I care for my mobile, head phones, charger, iron box and all stuff and it always lay in one corner until I need it. Day before yesterday as usual I cleaned my room and sir ji as usual sat on one side of slab.

Yesterday I was glad I got my books through courier and headed straight to my room to tear it up (only the cover…;)) and check. And there there my sir ji is gone from the place where I left it last time. I was really shocked and almost in the verge of crying :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:as I bought it on my own… And then I realized though I didn’t consider it precious it is mine right. As usual turned the stuffs upside down checked twice…. thrice… still found it missing. Even checked my dress shelf (who knows!!!!) :p:p

Gone... It’s gone... the thing which I never considered precious became one among it but gone now without my conscious and wondering how is that even possible. Lots of question arose inside my head.

1) Does electrician took it unknowingly

2) Someone else from other rooms took it but still key is with warden

3) How can I ask this to warden as I have already warned her that I don’t feel comfortable with leaving the key behind but because this electrician uh……… and can’t face each other if I ask her or inform her about it.

Dialed my Father’s number… And as usual like sweet cute pie Mother asked me to buy a new one and forget about it and asked me too check for rest other things and particularly asking me not to feel sad :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Done... that’s it… Nothing to be done... this what I thought and headed to eat dinner (that is also important) :eek::eek::eek::eek: still wondering how was it possible… Finally informed my warden that my knife is missing L She replied calmly that she is the one who took it to cut vegetables and forgot to inform me. Ah… how relieved I was. A broad smile popped out and warned her to be careful with it as mine is very sharp (I shouldn’t say sharp as me here I think :disappointed::disappointed: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:)… but what is the use when it has already done its work on her finger…. Still not too late though requested her to be careful with it here after and headed to my room with a very very broad smile :D:D:D:D

Informed my parents about it and got a funny laughing moment from the other side :D As usual took a guava with me and gave it to warden (I give her one whenever I buy fruits) requesting her to be careful again and returned to my room with very happy mood. Neither she called out for me to return the knife nor did I ask her to return because as usual my character popped out from nowhere making me to think it belong to her now not me. But I have to wait till electrician completes his work then I can get hold of my keys. :D

Though I find it precious at one moment I can’t hold on to it now :) but understood its worth when I lost it :)

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    That was a hilarious snippet about your experience with the knife!:lol:
    Was definitely thinking why you kept knife! Oh yes, I did think before reading your further advice. Then was totally surprised by your thoughts of losing a knife!:D
    I am totally surprised that you called your parents about this and I am happy about the advice your mother gave, as I would have thought the same!
    But I agree the deeper meaning of this snippet ' Siru thurumbum pal kutha udhavum '.
    You are totally right about the necessity/precious aspect of a thing only after losing it. So better be safe before losing anything!:tearsofjoy:
    Thanks for the snippet!
    Vaidehi

PS: I know a song, where knife has a totally different meaning!:eek::rolleyes:o_O

Caide likes this.
  3. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

song song song you know and live with that only :D yeah very hilarious :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: i call them all time and also whenever i want them to be with me :)

4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

but she cut herself now she should have asked me

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Knives are multitasking tools. You can cut vegetables, carve meats and cut to size peo[ple you don't like. Believe me knives cost from mere 10 rupees and often less to thousands of dollars. A friend of mine who asked for the price of a knife set in a Japanese market nearly had a heart attack. His car cost him less!

Caide likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

The reason she cut herself, is not your fault. :)
    But the fault is hers, in not asking you the permission to use it, and even if did so, she should have told you, not until you asked her the question!
    So just leave it, she had a minor cut! :rolleyes:

Caide likes this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet and good narration @Caide

Caide likes this.
  8. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

true i have also heard of that.... even chef's feel proud and have lots of pride with the kind of knife they are holding :) Some won't give it to others too :)

9. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

yeah right hope she dont do anything here after :)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

thank you :)