1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Granite Top - Cut for Hob Stove - How to close - Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by nandhiniguru, May 22, 2013.

1. nandhiniguru

nandhiniguru New IL'ite

Hi,

This is my first post in IL. Nevertheless i have been a silent follower of IL for so long.

I am desperately looking for a help.

We are moving to US for about 2 years and planning to let out our house (an year old house :oops:) there are too much of things to be taken care of as the husband travels in a week and i have to wait for 2 months to serve my notice period.

Now, we have the kitchen granite cut to fit our Hob stove. But when letting out we need it closed right? Is there an option to have it fixed than removing the granite and putting a new one?

Please please someone help us.

1 person likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

get a piece of granite of the same size placed and fixed with sealing glue. i am sure the granite shops will help.
    assuming it is not a open cut. that is you have a concrete slab underthe granite counter.??

that is how i have made my hob. it is hollow under the granite with a closure that will not allow anything to drip down and also provide a better strength to the hob.

3. nandhiniguru

nandhiniguru New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thank you so much for the reply. I was sure to have a helping hand from you, with all the threads i have gone through so far :)

And unfortunately, No. We have to hollow and when the hob is removed it is just a open cut :(

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

maybe get the granite person to check it out. you can stack a strong wood at the bottom to give a little strength and still get a piece of granite attached and glued in by them professionally.

or just layer a granite that can stand on the granite and the tenant can put his stove on top of it or the best you can leave the hob as it is if it is not costly. to be used by the tenant. that is a a choice you have..

5. nandhiniguru

nandhiniguru New IL'ite

Thank you so much, Shanvy! :)
    The suggestions are really valueable. Let's check with the granite person.