1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kiss Of The Evil- Episode 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 9, 2016.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

I have started a story which is more of a family drama. This is Story of a woman who is beaten up my family issues and her story on how she is taking it up in her life. Based on comments, I would continue or discontinue further.

Thanks

curiousgals78 likes this.

2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

It was a fine morning, Alarm clock ranged at 5.30 AM. “Tring Tring....”, Just put it off, he screamed and Rathi snoozed it for another 15 mts. Again at 5:45 AM, Again the alarm rang and again, he screamed, “will you just put it off”.... “ Either you sleep without an alarm or just stop it” . The voice of Raj raised and Whether rathi lost her sleep for the alarm sound or not, she has to get up to avoid the irritating shout of her husband Raj.

Washing her face to come out of the morning sleepiness, she thought how precious and a heavenly time is this time for working women who normally goes to bed late after completing their usual duties. She prepared the milk for the little one Dia and fed her. She recovered from the morning sickness at this point and got more energy by seeing the little Dia with her closed eyes drinking in the milk in her deep sleep. She prepared herself and planned for that day’s breakfast, lunch and a plan for dinner too....

In parallel to doing her morning cooking duties, she reminded of her Late Mother whom she cherished about a lot. She thought her mother was the most beautiful person in this earth by all means. Rathi comes from a family background with Spiritual followings. Her parents do regular pooja’s, chanting of Slokas, in midst of practising good culture and religious beliefs. She is also oriented to that lifestyle in mid of her modern lifestyle. For all her good things she thought about her were paradigms of her mother . Rathi was 35 and lost her mother when she was 30. It is 5 years gone and she still feels her presence to be with her daily. Rathi’s Mother was a Stubborn and Smart lady with Strong Self confidence for all her ailments she had. She suffered a lot in course of his life time, had been bed ridden for several months together. She also use to think that it is better she went to Gods feet for all the sufferings she had. In mid of her life, she was an active lady in her wheel chairs, reading books, trying new cookery items, Watching special shows amidst of managing the family and for her father she was the whole world and his care taker and he too misses her a lot.

The next Alarm rang at 6.30 AM when she had her coffee in mid of her preparatory activities. Later, Somehow she finished off with her cooking for that day which included Lunch and Breakfast. Once she is done, it was half past 7 and she gave the alarm for her son Dinu.... She Cried, “Dinu, Dinu... it is already half past seven “, “Get updear....” . Her MIL woke up... Rathi...” You never wake me up”... She was served with her Tea and Raj also woke up by this time. All were busy in their morning duties, and Rathi was just roaming like a Top. She packed lunch for herself, Raj and Dinu. Her MIL made Dinu got ready to his School which was her usual daily duty. Both father and son left the home to their school & office and Rathi was getting ready for her office.

The Small one woke up before she could complete her other works. Though she could complete all the cooking activities, it always takes time for packing of lunch, cleaning of the basic things and now it was the scream of Dia to lift her only by her mother as she is just an year old. Rathi has to attend to her morning needs and her MIL was looking after the rest of the household.

Her MIL was a very neatness conscious and a person following more things to be done in a very perfect manner in whatever she do. She could not even accept small mistakes and start to scream for small small things. In mid of her good attitude to support family for both the working parents she follows her ownself besides not giving up her character at any point of time.

Again it was late for the day to office for Rathi when she started after consoling the little one. She booked a cab for that day as she was feeling very tired and the moment she sat inside the A/C cab, she went to a deep sleep with her flashing thoughts of life.

“It is a love Marriage and for the sake of sacrificing and for the life I chose...... I need to Compromise”. Her usual mind voice told her and also her usual thought.

She reminded her Mother again and “Tears came from her Closed Eyes” !!!!!

To be continued.....

ssudhan, sreeram, sumalynux and 2 others like this.
  3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Kiss of the Evil - Episode 2

As the car rushed, Rathi went in her imaginary world which was her ever happiest world where she is the Queen of HERSELF. They were her wondrous moments where she lived her life of what she wanted to be. In between, the car rushed in the traffic and stepped in to the office. She rushed to her seat, waving a sigh of Good morning to all the known faces. She settled in her desk besides wishing her team members and opened her mail box. She planned for the day , instructed her team for the works to be done for the day and followed up for the already given instructions. She has to be a bit rough with a few of her sub ordinates for some incomplete tasks and her tone was also a bit high due to her usual domestic tensions. She was finding it difficult to manage her work life balance she was carrying, but still have not given herself as she was the boss for a team. She had to show rude faces to safe guard her identity. She was a kind of bit strict officer to her associates and was also not easily approachable. People fear to come to her for any obligation for her tendency too. She planned her work managed it properly and was also being recognised for that. For all that she was not at all recognised at her home at all. She use to over think this for her drawbacks of her love marriage and the issues she faced at home.

Suddenly she heard a long break sound and her CAB stopped in between a signal which turned from Yellow to Red. She woke from her usual dream. She checked the time and it was already 10.00 AM. The Signal cleared and she was able to reach the office at 10.20AM only. She walked fast to her desk with her usual smiles to the known faces and avoided to see her boss for she was usually late. She opened her system and started to check her emails. IN between, she got the ping “Hai Rathi, GM”. It was from boss, Akshay and she replied “ Hi Boss GM”. He said he wanted to meet her in his desk. She replied “ Is it ok to come after 15 mts”? He sighed in the chat window. She completed her formal mails, replies to that and found some responses from her were pending to be sent and it was already delayed. They were also addressed by his boss as he was copied. She felt a bit ashamed and Several thoughts ran her mind as whether it could be one of the reason for him to meet her. She has been already warned for a late comer and was also commented for that in her values of her performance meetings. Her Stomache tingled for a while and she has to swallow due to a small ache in her throat. She had some hot water and made her mind. Though she was a good performer, she had a bad impression for coming late and responding back late for some of her responsibilities. It was a part of her duty she had to accept that. In mid of others, he maintain their time to office and who were putting chaapa for their managers, she was straight forward. She felt guilty for her action and never spoke anything inspite of work being recognised , she never spoke a word against as she know she was not too professional in her attitude. Though she did her job with a satisfaction, she had not taken her comments seriously as she was not able to balance her work life properly. She took a long breath and went to meet Akshay.

She said “Hi Akshay”, yeah tell me what is it the reason she is called for ? Akshay is her manager , who admired her a lot , yet could not help out officially due to some of her drawbacks. He asked her to sit and they conversed. He continued, “ rathi, you should be aware that the papers are released for this year ?”. Rathi nodded “Yes, I know “. He continued “I have already communicated to you several times on your timings to office ? and you are not taking things seriously at all. I know you are a hard worker and proved your abilities. I had also advised you several times on maintaining your work life balance and you accept the fact and you never follow it. You use to get personal calls and also being noticed for falling sick several times.” Rathi nodded, “yes, akshay, I can’t help it out”. Akshay continued,” I don’t want to lose you as you are a smart lady and you do well. But the expectation is beyond that madam. This is a competitive world and the company needs more from you. I can’t hold you. At the same time, people are ready to grab your place. You should know that people under you have come to your positions and you never manage the team. You are so soft corned and Guys take it for granted in that case”. Rathi said, “ I am managing my team well “. Akshay raised a bit , “ When you come so late, how come you know when team members are arriving? They take you for granted and at times, you do their job and safe guard them.” Rathi remembered the leave she approved for his team guy. “Rathi, your team mates should fear to you with respect rather they take you for granted? Which is not fair ? You team management is very poor ! For your ability and experience, I wish you go heights! but I have a sad news to you? Rathi’s did not express much , but her heart started to beat more. Her anxiety gave her thoughts about what would become to her job ? She continue to think that , in this competitive world, getting another job, getting accustomed.... Lots of thoughts wavered in her mind. She thought about her EMI’s, her monthly expenses, her commitments for others... Oh God, and for a minute, she felt her stomach became upset on these words “Sad News”.

Yet, She was keeping silent expecting Akshay to continue. This was not at all new to her for the warnings she received and the comments on her values of her job she had received earlier. He continued “ Rathi, I am really sorry to say that you have been provided with a rating of not meeting the expectations. Some how I managed to discuss with our big boss for revisiting the rating “. “ I argued for your good works and your appreciation mails on the successful project completions”. “ It is the company policy to rate x% people in all grades and it becomes a race”. “ Your attitude and your work culture has become your enemy and several people has observed your mix up of personal and official things”. “ I am really sorry that I could not help you out dear”. Akshay continued, “ I can promise your job but for no appraisal from a monetary front. You have to prove yourselves and also undergo another review.

Rathi was silent. She nodded and replied “ Ok Akshay, Thanks”. “ I would work out on it. I know my drawbacks from your expectations front as a company and I will prove myself soon”. She said thanks and left his cubicle.

She rushed to the rest room and managed to control her tears until she moved in.

To be continued.....

ssudhan, sreeram, Deepu04 and 2 others like this.
  4. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

title seems interesting. waiting for it

nice start to the story though it looks very close to real life. hopefully Rathi pulls it off and gets to manage better on both ends.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  5. PoojaShah

PoojaShah Gold IL'ite

Very nice story.

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Aarthi,

Thanks for the story. Storyline is good..please continue dear.I feel definitely she takes this as last warning and will set things right ..

All the Best,
    PS

7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Kiss Of The Evil -Episode 3 :
    Rathi gently wiped her tears to avoid getting her eye liners removed which would give a look to the outsiders that she had cried. This is the second warning she is getting and she really fought a lot to come out of that previous short comings. She thought of her MOM and tears multiplied for the situation she was inside the Toilet. Many thoughts flashed her mind and she could not blame anyone for whatever has happened for her. It was her compromises which led her to this situation and whatever has happened is done. She sat on the closet and several thoughts flashed in her mind. Her early marriage life, her life before marriage, her childhood, her spinster days, the days she cherished with her parents, the day she was in love with Raj before marriage, her early office days where she use to the smart & pretty women in the company itself, the parties she enjoyed and so on... All were like a dream and it was time for her to go to her seat.

She returned to her desk and continued as if nothing had happened. She also knew that her peers would be aware of her ratings and felt a bit embarrassed to face them. It is a known truth to all that she was the convict for the targeted ratings. She knew that in mid of people, to be for sure targeted to fall under this no increment category, she was the convict. She accepted that as this Job was very important for her.

She called Raj during the lunch break. “Hello raj, can I have 5 mts of yours. I need to talk to you personally’. He said “ yeah fine rathi. Tell me what is the matter?”. She was already complaining to her about the issues she was facing in the office and raj advised her to look for a job change. He also tried from his end . He complained “ You should take care of yourselves. You never care for the office, you always concentrate on house hold. If I come out of my commitments soon, you can quit your job and take care of the children”. “ I know it is tough to manage the house and office, but you are not doing so...”. His reply was a bit of soothing to her at that point of time. But she believes in luck and was always pessimistic due to her failures she faced post her married life. As the job was important, she has got that reply from Raj. Else, it would have been different.

She continued with her work. She was back home and at seeing Dia, “ hey daluuuuuu.....!!” Looking at the round rotating eyes which got her voice attention rushed to her. She climbed on her and lied on her shoulder. She lifted her head, saw her mom, had a laugh on her on getting the comfort of being on her mother. They shared their kisses and Rathi has to go to her duty for preparing dinner for the family. Dinu came to his back... “Amma, you know what happened today? “. When Rathi replied “ What ?” in an anger tone. He replied back “Amma, Issshh why are you shouting like this? I am speaking to you secretly? And you don’t understand.” Her granny asked “ what is the matter da? He replied “ No no mama, i am telling her what happened in the school? And also about the assignment given to me ?”. When she left the place, Dinu continued “ Amma, why is Mama like this ? she is talking ill about you in your absence. I know she likes me so much. But she is not accepting If I talk to you closely”. I could understand the situation and silently asked “ Hey what was the matter?”. He continued, “ She is complaining about you. She says that you are not responsible and she is taking care of everything at home “. Dinu continued “ She is also telling all the issues to his aunt,? “ “ I can’t comment, but I don’t like this at all”. Rathi advised in return, “ Dinu dear, these are not important to you. You don’t give attention to such things” . “ Dear , please concentrate on your studies “. Before that he took her smart phone and left the place.

Rathi felt very depressed for the situation at home and office. She knew that her MIL support her well, but this attitude gives a very bad picture. She always complains for silly things and hence now-a-days she does not feel like sharing anything to her. For whatever it is, her SIL would be the best for her. She always wanted to be silent else a straight forward women. But both ended with an enemity for her with her MIL. Rathi’s MIL by an individual is a nice lady. But is it so like , all MILs did not like their DIL’s I suppose. But at some point of time, she lose her patience and the household will become a war zone and they exchange their speeches hurting each other. Rathi wanted to avoid that, but when being provoked to the core, she loses her patience.

At any point of time, MILs and DILs would belong to two opposite poles.

But Opposite Poles attract each right .....

To be continued.....

8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Dear All
    Thanks for the comments . This is my first story writing and pls excuse and give me your suggestions and thoughts if it requires any improvisation further.

9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Kiss of the Evil - Episode 4

Yes, opposite poles attract each other. Rathi has a good respect to her MIL all these days and she loved her so much to the extent of her mother. After the death of her FIL, she had a soft corner towards her. She has learnt many good qualities from her and wanted to follow that in her life. For the 10 years of married life for what she was in her early days of marriage has changed a lot and many things were impact from her MIL. She is a nice lady as an individual, but keeps on complaining Rathi for whatever she is. Rathi took the good qualities of her which she thought is needed for a family woman to follow. She tried to avoid the characters she did not like and wanted to give less importance to them. She made her happy with good deeds of supporting the family to the core from the place of Raj. Her MIL was comfortable mainly by monetary means with Rathi than her son as she understood her needs and reacted before she needed anything. Raj was also a comfortable family man as rathi was taking care of the family by all means.

Rathi had served her MIL by all means like a daughter. But both Raj and her mother were possessive about Rathi. So when Rathi is for their thoughts, she was well received. She was thinking so , but at a stage she could realise that the possessiveness is more on what she do for their family. When she cares for her parents, siblings, it was not able to be received properly by both of them. At the same time, when she spends for Raj’s family, it was well received, but never praised nor commented back. Raj has never kept his promises he did before his marriage. For the reason, Rathi did so like an arranged marriage, her parents were not well received at all. Raj seem to be educated, but did behaved like an illiterate when situations arise during arguments in the family. Rathi’s thoughts were not reached properly due to her decibel of her tone. She always saw them together but they compared them. Few incidents happened which had a break between the two families. The utmost sufferer was Rathi who is unable to manage both of them. She had her transport with the family, but still stood on her husband’s side which was the only option for her.

For all the ladies, they have to take two choices in their life. Either you have to accept everything else, you need to Quit. Quitting !!! Rathi could never think of this at all.

She could not face the society. Then what would become to her love ? What would happen to the little one’s ? All she could do is keeping quiet in all situations. Several questions arose in her mind many times for either to continue or quit. Noooo was her answer always . She accepted her mistakes. She wanted a peaceful life. She accepted all the drawbacks and was a very happy woman outside. Her inner voice could not be heard not received outside except for her friends alone who were her only pacifiers in times of her sorrow times.

Now it was Rathi’s thoughts which flew in when she went to bed with her little one. She thought of her younger days where she was leading her life. She was given full freedom by her parents. She was the school topper, and was well received in her college days by her attitude, academics everything. She also earned well and did so many good deeds to all of her family members including her parents. When she opened her topic of getting married to Raj, they were a bit disappointed, but still stood for their daughter.

During the days she spent with Raj before her marriage, she thought he was her best man and he would be going to her soul mate for her life time. Raj also loved her a lot. It was like a possessiveness she felt he was having with her, but did not realise the selfishness more than possessiveness towards her was there by all means. At a later stage, she realized that here life before marriage were the best times of life as she did not got what she really wanted in her life.

To be continued.....

ssudhan, sreeram and Deepu04 like this.
  10. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Amazing work dear!!! :clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:
    Superb!! and the title is fantastic...!!!!
    Good writing dear!!!
    Regarding the story, its too close to real life and many faces pop up in front of my eyes when I read about Rathi....
    Many women are going through the same thing.!! you are beautifully showing it out!!! :thumbsup:
    Great work!! Very curious to know where the story leads to..as its too close to real life....
    My best wishes for your first story:cheer::cheer:even though I have just completed one story:biggrin:

sreeram likes this.