1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kindergarten Full Time Or Part Time??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Dec 27, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I met my neighbors and I was talking to them generally about kids going to
    Preschool and kindergarden.I was thinking to put my kid in pre k part time which has been intergrated in school which means pulling kiddo out of the private full time which my LO is going now.timings in school are 9-12.

My neighbors advising me against it and asking me to keep
    Kiddo full time private as it is good and later go full time in elementary.

Which is better

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If after coming from school at 12:00 pm if you can run routines smoothly like her lunch , nap and some time together with you and your h , doing chores , fixed night sleep , everything you can manage well then it is good.
    If kid comes at 12:00 and you are willing to have me time like studying or anything like work or job search calls Then it is not worth it,

if kid is watching tv much , like more than 2 hrs , then also not worth it in my opinion. They can do something worthy in school.

You can still send to public school , but later you can send to private day care type, they only pick from school, and make them involve in several activities,
    I know one private school does this : picking kids after their normal school and school offers several activities like a coach comes from outside and introduces to different sports on one or two days of a week,

My opinion based on my kid , I would like to send to full day , be private or half day private and half day public school

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    gknew and anika987 like this.