1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids Say The Darndest And The Cutest Things

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

LOL.

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

:clap2::grimacing::grin: Really this made me laugh! Hope you're very proud of your extremely mischievous and intelligent son!

sindmani likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

When my son was in the 2nd standard, he would throw a lot of tantrum to sit in a place to study or finish the homework quickly. To motivate him, once I told, "Your friend K's mother told me that K looks up to his elder brother D and studies well without any tantrums. Aren't you also supposed to study that way?" My son thought over for a second and replied, "But I don't have an elder brother to look up to and study." His answer took me by surprise but it also taught me how children process the information. I had no choice but to give him a tight hug and laugh aloud!

sindmani, kkrish, jskls and 2 others like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

As a kid, my son was extremely possessive of me and he wouldn't allow my husband to touch me or even sit next to me. Once he was busy with some toy and my husband put his hands around me just to tease him. On seeing that he didn't notice it, I asked him, "Who holds mummy like this?"
    Instead of rushing in to grab me and push his father away, he just looked at us absent-mindedly and said, "Neighbour uncle!":facepalm::rolleye::smash2:

To this day we recall this embarrassing moment and laugh. Luckily outsiders were not present when this incident happened!

sindmani, kkrish, jskls and 3 others like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Quite interesting.Children have their own imagination.My grand daughter was three.She thought that whatever floats in water can be termed as fish.When we took her to Saravana bhavan hotel
    in Chennai,the waiter asked 'child, what do you want?'pat came the reply'fish'.
    The waiter said 'we don't have fish here.'.Then he asked me' you seem to be vegetarians. How the small child is asking for fish'.
    i was puzzled.my grand daughter asserted that she saw fish in the hotel at the entrance itself. The waiter took her to the varieties of food exhibited at the counter.the child showed Gulab jamun floating in sugar syrup.Kids are different.
    jayasala 42