Kids in ICK abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by anjalign, Mar 2, 2009.

1. anjalign

anjalign New IL'ite

Moms,

i would like to know if any of your kids in ICK. Hows that kindergarten? Is it necessary that the birth certificate of the child to be attested from india for admission procedures in AD schools?

Anjali

2. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Hi anjalign,

sorry friend I don't know about the Ick school, let my other IL friends will reply u soon..coming to the Birth certificate, u must defenitely attest it from Indian Embasy..if u not yet done, then u can contact the agents of here to do that..they will charge a commission for sending it to India and will return u with attestation done by india..it will take a month atleast..

cheers,
    nandini

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  3. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi
    both my children have studied in ICK
    it was earlier known as ILA a very good school to start as a base for your child.There are a lot of co curricular activities too
    mullai

4. anjalign

anjalign New IL'ite

Hello,

Thanks . Mullai & Nandini.

Mullai, i have one more query. After KG2, do they (ICk) promote the kids to Grade 1 in Abu Dhabi Indain School?

Anjali

5. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi anjali,
    earlier it was easy for kids from ICK(ILA) to get an easy admission but now a days there are too many KG divisions in Abudhabi Indian School so they are not able to accomodate every body, they have a lottery system now so iam not sure as to how they go about it , if you want i can get more details on this .
    mullai

6. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anjali

I heard from one of my friends that they are admitting 125 children from ICK to the indain school.THey have the lottery system now, so its better you try in other schools as well..

7. anjalign

anjalign New IL'ite

Thanks mullai & arab udupi.

Mullai, if you have any other info regarding getting admission in ADIS after completing KG2 in ICK, please let me know.

Anjali

8. preetishelly

preetishelly New IL'ite

hi, i'm moving to abu dhabi soon and am looking for admission for my two daughters, aged 9.5 and 3.5. Please, what is ICK (ILA)
    Preeti

9. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

ICK-Indian Community kindergarten is in AIrport road, behind KFC..Admissions should already be over there..Its a reputed kindergarten and theres always a huge rush for admissions. Its the same situation in all the schools. Preeti, follow the other thread-'best cbse school in abudhabi' where I have metioned about other schools too.

10. preetishelly

preetishelly New IL'ite

thank you, you're right about admissions having been closed at ICK for the current academic session. How would you rate noah's ark, little buds for kg 1?
    Preeti