1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids asking smart questions....Need suggestions,Inputs pls.....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by superlady, Jul 16, 2011.

1. superlady

superlady New IL'ite

Hi,

Today, when we (Me,hubbt,my son and my mom) were eating dinner at the dinner table. My son was eating rice with spoon and rest of us were eating with hands, as usual.I knew this day would come but didnt expect so soon....My son (3y6m) asked me,"Mommy,Why are you eating with hands.You need to eat with spoon like me..".well, I was not shocked but i was just not prepared to this question.However I answered him "We are indians and our culture is to eat food with hands.When we were kids we grew up with eating food using hands". And my Husband told him,"You can eat the way you like with hands or with spoon.But you have to eat your dinner".

I just want to find out with fellow ILites , what /How you all have answered to such questions and need suggestions on how to handle relative questions in future.

I would appreciate if moms could share similar experiences with kids.That would really help moms like me.

Thanks
    Superlady

2. laasyan

laasyan New IL'ite

hi,

Usually when my daughter eats by herself, she needs the spoon but when she wants me to feed her she says feed with the hand.

Not only this whenever she asks me a question, I say u tell me first becoz she knows the answer. If she doesn't know she says I don't know u tell me plz. Then I answer her.

So, whenever kids ask any question ask them to tell first, later u can answer if u r wished.

Thanks

3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

The reason to eat with hands is, the nerves in hands will be activated and also usually through hands the amount of food goes inside per gulp is less when compared with spoon. So we will chew it nicely and it will get digested easily.

Hope I'm right. Correct me if I'm wrong.