1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kid Has Got Small Bumps On His Butt.. Any Suggestion For Remedies Pls.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by gknew, Apr 19, 2017.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My DS is 3.7 years old and he has some small bumps in his butt. It looks like tiny bumps (not red rashes). It's not red in color or bumpy. He keeps itching. Small cluster of bumps there. I m sure, this is not diaper rash. No other rashes or bumps in other parts. It's there only on the butt.

Is there any OTC medicine for this? Any lotion?
    The only difference in past few weeks is, he has been potty trained for day time(using diaper in the night) and he s not on his diaper in his day care and using the toilet and potty seat there. Not sure, whether this could be a reason for the bumps.. Anyone had similar experience? Pls share in your inputs.
    Thanks.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Try Neosporin it should go away in few days. My husband gets these kind of smal boil looks like acne but not really acne on the butt- usually it's coz of the heat in the body. In Kannada it's called Kuru.

What is the meaning of the Kannada word ಕುರು (Kuru)?

Also change his diet by give yogurt, watermelon, cucumber. This will help in not causing boils in the future

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    gknew likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks blindpup.. Will check out this medicine for kids age.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Oh I recently noticed similar ones on my toddlers bum. I thought Its because of wet underwear exposure. She wets herself many times in daycare and goes unnoticed. We have been applying vaseline/aquaphor. I will try neosporin.

blindpup10 likes this.