Key Issues That You Are Voting On.

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Oct 22, 2016.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Wow, these incidents happened in your child's school? So hard to wrap my head around that.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

I think people should now just observe rather getting panic. Nothing will happen if people carry on normally. Yes, Trump won , but it is not the end of the world. Just wait and see and how everything is going to happen hereafter. People just don't pass laws. It has lots of hurdles. By that time his tenure would end.

It just happens, unpredictable is life. Why should people panic and let out things as if already the laws have been enforced.

Padhaariya kaariyaam Siddhaarum. Not sure of equivalent English quote. Be calm. There will always be end to all these issues.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vaidhehi - There is a zero tolerance policy in school. I am calm but I'm not going to sit by and let kids get bullied.
    On Wednesday morning when a mom complained about someone using racial
    slur at the parking lot I was of the same opinion that you were of. To let it go and not worry about nitty gritty things. But when it happens in your child's school then it becomes hard to sit and observe and let things take its course.
    This is a senior high school. Kids are adults here. If we don't let the board know and if every parent says not my problem then it becomes a problem soon. The school didn't know until I sent them a link to the social media posts about this.
    There is a time and place for everything. School isn't the place for politics and racists ideas.

Sparkle likes this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Oh that's sad to hear. Yes it should not occur. Do bring it to the right person in school. Zero tolerance to such things is definitely required.
    Usually kids can directly report it. If not parents should do as well. The schools are pretty good in dealing such things. Hope everything gets sorted out.

Laks09 and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

It is really sad and scary to read Laks09. Please do lodge complaint and tell your kid not to panic but fight back.

Laks09 likes this.
  6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Reading this has made me so restless and worried. Daughter is applying for Universities in UK and US . After Brexit, I put UK as second priority but now US seems worse. I am not worried about the govt, but more about the racists being emboldened.
    The general feedback is dont worry, especially California should be still the ok.

My worry is, is it worth taking the trouble? Will we regret it?
    Appreciate all your inputs

Laks09 likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I did advocate. I did get the "school folks" to tell me what they were doing. I still haven't got them to confess that they were wrong in the first place by not letting us know what was going on and inciting panic. Anyway, for now all is safe. I'm letting go of the fact that things were swept under the rug just because action was taken. I hope this is a learning experience for all and that the next time we are informed before figuring out from the news.

RagaPrasanna likes this.
  8. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

Way to go, Laks! You are such a good role model to your daughter!