Key Issues That You Are Voting On.

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

True. I didn't think of it that way after the current senatorial decision on the gun law. I felt it was based on the NRA's hold over mostly republican senators.

I didn't think of the future First Lady/Lad. I'm wondering if someone is going to keep an eye on bill while hillary keeps an eye on the country.

Trumps face is always hissy no? :)

Republicans desperately wanted a future republican president. With their senate majority I personally think they would have done the same to any democrat in the White House. Party before country approach does no good to anyone. I fear it will be worse this time around.
    Let's see how the new POTUS handles things.

And in the meanwhile the Supreme Court spot remains vacant. Just because the president's nominee is too "liberal" to appeal to the senate. Let's see what happens post elections.

Amica likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I already voted. Couldn't wait for the early voting to open :). As Malstorm daid- it was a no-brainer.
    I knew who I will be voting for and it wasn't because 1) I was voting for lesser evil and 2) wanted to see a woman POTUS (although I am looking forward to this historical moment).
    And when I say this I am sure a few of you will agree with me. 1. Mrs. Clinton will make a fine President. She has over 30 years of experience, has served in one of the most important position, is smart, can be trusted with nukes, and has her policies outlined. 2. I very much want to see a woman in office but I am not voting for her just because she is a woman. That is very unfair for a person who is much better qualified than the opponent. If someone says that- Nuss, we hired you as a professor because you are a woman not because you are smart, I will feel insulted. Same goes for POTUS.
    As far as her emails and Benghazi issues are concerened, after spending millions of tax-payer dollars, couldn't find anything wrong-doing or criminal (careless- yes!). If in her 30+ years of experience only taint that GOP could find was these issues (and she has been scrutinized on every little thing), I can live with it.
    For me, strict gun-laws, right of a woman to have a child or not (Abortion in early stages), affordable health care, Tax reform, Immigration reform (no walls!), and affordable childcare are some of the important issues.

Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We were watching the returns in disbelief. It became clear that Hillary was losing very early on, when she was running even with Trump in places Obama won comfortably. Let's see what the next 4 years bring us.

Laks09 likes this.
  5. Laks09

Sparkle and vaidehi71 like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I guess we are completely out of touch with the rest of this country. Everyone I know is slack-jawed today. Several people I know who work for the Feds are openly crying in their offices. Their missions are all going to the winds.

nuss and Laks09 like this.
  7. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry. Too many things told pre election never will become a reality. I can understand your concern. Have read your posts regarding it.

I just started reading about Trump. I haven't followed news for long time. Yesterday was reading and laughing. What sort of person. Anyhow there are too many things before any decision can pass. I am sure it would be blocked at those houses.

So just take care of your son. Everything else will fall into right place at the right time. :)

Sparkle and Laks09 like this.
  8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Campaign time all his children were there with him, but at the victory speech only younger one was there and his wife, or the camera only covered that much ? any idea?:grinning:

9. Laks09

@vaidehi71 - Thanks for that! We are doing all we can with what we have at the moment and will continue to do so.

The silver lining is that my tiny county in my incredibly red neighborhood voted blue and we voted 70/30. We were reddest red last time. We all were for Mitt Romney last election. We got a democratic DA and a dem house rep. All isn't lost.

Honestly speaking, we have checks and balances. We also have a senate that the republicans don't yet have 60 seats. We have to work towards not giving them that seat next election which is in two years for a lot of counties.

This election was an eye opener to many. The people's voices have been heard and have been heard loud and clear. The people in the rust belt wanted a change and they got it. Now it's up to Trump to give them their jobs back. To put back what was taken away.

As always, with progress comes people who are weary of change and with that comes things like Brexit and Trump. The price for globalization however cannot be turning the clock back. With this presidency we are also giving our children the Supreme Court justice(s) that will shape the future of the country and in turn the western world for a long time. I'm not sure how conservative justices are going to vote when it comes to changing needs of the people but I hope for the sake of the children that they put the country ahead of their personal beliefs no matter how hard core they are.
    I have a very high regard for the SCOTUS especially in recent times. It is conservative when needed yet changing with times. Now with a President who can appoint up to three CJs all I can do is pray hard to give the other justices a long and healthy life.

nuss and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. Laks09

And it has started. We now know the people who voted for trump and didn't want to say it. They are ashamed themselves to admit they are bigots and racists of the first order.
    I'm not going to keep quite because my child didn't get called a nigger at school. That her hijab wasn't pulled and the video circulated. That she wasn't threated to be gunned down because she belonged to the wrong race. I'm going to go to the district and if they don't heed to my complaint then I'm going to the next level. I'll go to the supreme court if I have to but this has to be nipped in the bud.
    Never thought it will happen in my suburban school.

nuss likes this.