Kerala trip ideas needed !!!

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by AnithaPartha, May 18, 2015.

1. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@AnithaPartha, I understand you have set your heart on Kerala, however can you consider some other location for your trip? During the monsoon season all of the west coast is going to be lashed by rains. It rains heavily, not just drizzling. How about you visiting the East coast? Vizag is beautiful and so is the North East - piece of heaven. Is it doable?

I also think COutrallam down south could be doable.

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

I checked with cocokerala operators and they say there is no rain at all now there and only rains in the night but June month we can expect rains but not too heavy seems.. They say it's a totally different experience to enjoy drizzling rain in the house boat journey ...

3. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Its raining heavily here. June and July are monsoon months here and
    for the past few days it was raining day and night. Even in tourism sector till August this time of the year is mentioned as off season. I don't want to disappoint you. But it can only a probability whether you can enjoy your trip or not. Heavy rains can disturb even the road transport most of the times.

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is disappointing as Ooty trains are also fully booked till July and rains in Kerala :(

Let me think about other options if not will end up in Kerala only...

Can you please suggest some other tourist spots (not north India)? How about Goa?

5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Goa has a climate similar to Kerala, so yes it rains there during monsoon season. However if you want to enjoy the peace and quiet, without doing much activities in the water, it can work. The west coast right from Kerala, karnataka, Goa and Maharashtra is beautiful in the monsoons.

You can go by car/bus to Ooty/Coonoor. There is Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Coutrallam, Theni. These are not NRI approved places, very pretty nevertheless.