Kerala cotton sarees and dressmaterials

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by radhavj, Jan 8, 2010.

1. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

HI Freinds! can anyone tell me where to get kerala sareees directly from the weavers???
    waitng for ur reply
    thanking you
    Radha
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi,

kerala sari , did you mean the off white with jari. That you can get from kasavukada which is very famous for pure jari good cotton thread. From the weavers means you can get Balaramapuram sarees near trivandrum, much cheaper and good varieties.

Kasavukada is a chain stores all over kerala. I dont know about outside kerala.

ganges

1 person likes this.
  3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Ganges.. Thanks for the info.. Infact, I thought of replying this thread about kasavukada, and I knew that there is a place near trivandrum where we get very good stuff in Kerala Sari..But I couldn't recollect the name of the place.. Good that you posted the details!!

4. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

hi Ganges...thanx for the info...can we place an order according to r requirements&how much jari we want?how can i get the numbers ? pls help me out...
    thanking you in advance
    radha

5. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Karalkada in trivandrum is a good option too. Their kerala saris and dress materials are very authentic. It is a famous shop and I have relatives who
    insist on buying kasavu set-mundu from there only.

I havent done this myself, but one of my friends had ordered her wedding sari (Kerala mundum neriyathum). They made it according to her preferance. You could call and inquire.

Karalkada has a website ( I dont remember the url).You can google for 'Karalkada Trivandrum' and you should be able to get their contact nos on net.

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

i also searching that white with pure jari saree-Kerala saree- in Chennai. But not found.

any one tell me, where is it available in Chennai?:hiya

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Ooviya,
    the kerala saree is available in Chennai very easily. You can try the famous saree shops or even in Co optex too_Or in the Kairali - the kerala handicrafts emporium in Chennai.

8. jedc53

jedc53 New IL'ite

Kerala is a very big market of sarees and dress materials.Many wholesale suppliers are in the kerala.kerala saris and dress materials are very authentic.There are many famous shop in kerala.

9. suji76

suji76 New IL'ite

hai,hw to get the latest setmundu kasavukada design photos and do i purchace it,i am in chennai