Keeping track of our karmas...................

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by RoopaGB, Feb 10, 2012.

1. RoopaGB

RoopaGB Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

From my childhood i have been always very vindictive in nature. I normally am very friendly, trust people easily. But becoz i trust people easily , i tend to get cheated some times, and whenever someone cheats me i always used to take back revenge . But during that process of taking revenge i used to undergo more pain and sufferings than i induced on the person who cheated me , hence at some point of time in my life , i started to realize being vindictive , taking revenge makes me help clense away karma of the other person but it would double my karma :). Each one of us has to account for our karmas in our own ways. I cannot justify my bad karma on the ground that someone else’s bad karma has adversely affected me. If I cheat or take back revenge on the other person simply because he keeps cheating people, I cannot escape bad karma.
    :(

I have to pay for my bad karma, just as much as him.Two wrongs do not make one right. That’s arithmetic. Two negative numbers total up to a bigger negative number; however, a positive number when added to a negative number reduces the negativity. Remember, karmic arithmetic is different for every individual. So, my bad karma can only be wiped out by my own good karma.

It’s not something for me to decide. I can’t punish someone , his deeds will register in his bad karma account,It’s only the Creator who decides when and how one pays back for his bad karma.

Only the Creator is the right authority to administer the law of karma. On the other hand, if we try to take revenge, it’s like arithmetic addition where two negatives only increase the negativity. That is the reason why Mahatma Gandhi said that an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

After this realization :) i think i am much happier in life now :) .................. In life its very important we keep track of our karmas else we would surely have to pay for it some or the other day as nobody can escape from the judgement of the almighty ..............................

4 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said, We undergo some pain to ease out our karma, leave the rest to almighty/guru ...

3. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Very true madam and very well written. Better to do good deeds and leave justice to God. God at the end of the day will balance the account.

4. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for sharing this. This is a different perception, that I had not considered yet. Am undergoing similar circumstances again and again in my life as well.

Your way of thinking, has pushed a button to see things differently too. Thanks a ton !

5. RoopaGB

RoopaGB Junior IL'ite

:) hope i would be lucky enough to follow what i write or feel :) .......many times its very difficult to have patience and wait for our turn ......

6. baburaam

baburaam New IL'ite

Roopaji,
    The words whatever you've expressed are not simply what you experienced alone and there are many who face similar situations of taking back revenge to the cheater. but the irony is only after we loose a bit on the heavier side, we do realize. thoughtfully written...
    take care, god bless..
    ram

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa Sister,

Dont worry, little determination will help you to fulfill your goal, May Baba bless you and be with you to guide you right. Best wishes..