1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

keeping cockroaches, lizards and spiders at bay......plz help

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by dimple7, Aug 17, 2014.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Hallo friends.....i need idea from you all to keep our kitchen hygienic .
    I find every or other day, ****s of cockroaches and lizards laying in certain corners and certain places like around the induction oven (if kept unused for some day). Moreover the cockroaches lay and stick their nasty eggs here and there ..........in and around the cupboard.
    Plz help me to keep these idiots...specially cockroaches at bay.
    They come out when we are asleep and do these nasty work.
    Please help -how do i keep the kitchen clean and free from these cockroaches.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Get proper pest control treatment done .....
    I got it done .....they used some kind of gel ....not had a single cockroach for last 4 years.It is a little expensive compared to home treatment like sprays...but much cheaper in the long run...besides you don't have to expose your family to chemical so often.

I feel cockroaches are difficult to get rid of by home remedies...they need the third degree treatment.

3 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

clean the cupboards, throw away unwanted junk like plastic bags that we accumulate. keep moisture at bay. clean away drops off food that likes on the counter.

you get the cockroach gel in the market now. a little expensive as ym says. i think in india you get it in the hit brand. a drop of this on the inner hinges of the cupboards, and on places were you find cockroaches.

and yes do clean your drain pipes.. if they are too dirty, replace them. if it does not work, get professional pest control done. but if you live in a flat it is of not much help if all the flats dont go for one at the same time.

3 people like this.
  4. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thank you.......both of you. No i donot live in flat...its our own house.
    I will buy the gel killer from the market next day......
    Thanks

5. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Thanks friend......but how did you get the pest control treatment done professionally? How much did they take and how to contact them?

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I checked the yellow pages for pest control.
    They came and charges around 1200 for a small 3 bedroom flat.(4 years back) This included 2 bathrooms and kitchen.Try buying the gel and using it.It wasn't available then...infact ,I didn't know about it.

If you live in flat like me.....then you can try putting a naphthalene ball on the drain cover and wash basin(only if you have no kids and pets).I also spray the entrance door from outside if I see any cockroach any where in the common area.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thanks alot.........i stay in assam.......in our own house , its not flat. I just googled out and found there are few pest control service providers in our city.
    Also i found one of them from SOUTHINDIA group :)
    Am happy to find it.....i will note down their number and tal to my dad...lets see what he says :)
    will let you know here :)
    thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ym now you get one from hit, baygon and bait in india. i have been getting it from abroad earlier but now get it locally. i use it as a precaution these days. a drop on the roller in the kitchen basket channels keeps it safe.

2 people like this.
  9. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thanks both of you for adding to here.....in the discussion.
    Now when i buy the kitchen gel from market.....just tell me the DOs and DONTs of using this cockroach killing gel..

10. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

If you manage to get rid of the cockroaches and spiders, lizards will never come in.
    What about getting a pest control don'e by a professional.
    Alternatively use hit cockroach gel. Apply a tiny drop every 12 inches in the kitchen cupboard and nearby areas and stop using newspaper to line kitchen cupboards. Keep a lid on the kitchen drain before you sleep at night.

2 people like this.