1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Katrina Kaif to romance Rajinikanth!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Jan 10, 2012.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Now Rajni's daughter trying to repeat same strategy?

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

More or less. At least Shankar had some talent. Soundarya seems to be the "empty vessel makes the most noise" type. It would be a feat if she even finishes shooting half of the film. Plus, there must be a reason for them to rope in KSR into the picture right? To clean up all the mess that Soundarya makes...

3 people like this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

hmm as if Rajni film actress' have a definite role to play in the movie...

4. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Exactly... If jackie chan can in Karate kid.. Y not Rajini..
    A person should gracefully accept age...
    I feel Rajini is like a brand.. People know what they get, its like a prestige factor...

1 person likes this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

It's the doings of his allakais and nollakais around him. These people just love to usupetturan him by telling that his fans only want to see him as a youthful actor, acting with young girl etc etc etc.

Personally, Rajini should see for himself how funny it is to be dancing with young girls like other younger generation actors. This reminds me of Sivaji when he used to be romancing Sripriya and Sridevi in the 70's with his bulging stomach, colourful clothes and weird wigs. The same girls then would also be romancing with youth actors of those days i.e. Rajini and Kamal on different sets. History is repeating once again...

5 people like this.
  6. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Yen ma yellaru enn vayrle mannalipodringo??????:rant
    Y is every one doing this to me?? Dont jump to assumption tht im Rajini fan so only asking ths Q.

I m happy if he acts in movies till his death--bcoz

1)we a kind of weird family, doesn't go to see movies in theater.

Will only watch whatever punnakku(its a fodder food) is telecast on sun tv(dont knw y we were loyal to Sun tv:bonk.....may be we felt easy 2 press single digit chnl numbr--it ws #7 and othr were sports chnl).

My anbhu Bros would take us to Theater only when Kamal and Rajini movie was released.
    Thats the only time i saw all of Indian population at one place.
    So i m only thankful to Rajini and Kamal in my life span involving any cinematic events.:thankyou2:

2) God is good at playing games with me......he repeated history again:bang

After marriage got to know, my DH is a die-hard fan of Kamal.
    After my marriage,Kamal movies were released but my DH dint take me 2 theater....y y y ??

Here is the twist.....u see he is not a fan of Indian population at one place(crowd):bonk:bonk

So in my cinematic life, going to theater was also gone....

Lastly went to Robot....since it was a dubbed in Hindi, not much crowd......

Sutrivalachi pataa,enkku ippo irukira ore touch in Cinema is Rajini.

What i hv typed is not tht much related to Katrina, so be happy with that and dont complain :ranttht i m going out off topic!!!!!

3 people like this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry Mums, I'm very sure even this movie wouldn't have anything much to be related to Katrina. Rajini is the main focus here, so whatever you tell about Rajini is very much relevant here!:yes:

Btw, I just bought Rajini's biography "The Name is Rajinikanth" by Gayathri Sreekanth yesterday. Yeah, I know it was written nearly 4 years back but what to do? It just caught my eyes yesterday. Haven't read it all yet but managed to glance through the book. Quite a number of rare pictures are posted there, I must say. Very intriguing :thumbsup

P.s: A small note of trivia. While glancing through the pictures, I came across this chapter about how Rajini met his wife Lata. Obviously I was really interested to know the story, never mind if it's not true ;-)

Apparently when Rajini got to know that Lata is YG Mahendran's sister in law, he quickly approached him and said, "Mahen, I am so in love with Lata. I want to marry her. You got to help me in this".

YGM on the other hand looked disturbed and said, "Well, I can help. But to tell you frankly, Lata is very matured and too old for you. I think you should reconsider your decision."

"Old? What are you talking about?" Rajini asked.

"Oh well, she has acted with MGR and all. Don't tell me you never thought that she's too old for you?".

"Man, not that Lata! I'm talking about your sister in law Lata!":rotfl

Well, of course I wasn't expecting them to come out and admit that Rajini was in fact dating MGR Lata. But it's rather interesting that they have somehow brought that Lata connection here na? :mrgreen:

3 people like this.
  8. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I thought latha met rajinikanth for a interview and then fell for him.
    she even tonsured her head to marry him then he fell for her

1 person likes this.
  9. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Does that explain her short hair style??

1 person likes this.
  10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Yes, that was written there as well. She and a group of her college mates came to interview Rajini. Lata had inquired him about his dream wife and he said that if he ever meets one who is as homely and sweet as her (Lata) then he would surely marry the girl. From then on, it was eyes-and-eyes-touching and love pattikiraning (develops) between them. Very filmy no? ;-)

1 person likes this.