1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kasthoori Manjal

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by AVM, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I have a acne prone skin. So i stopped using soaps/creams/any cosmetic items on face for past 2 years. I use only kasthoori manjal powder.
    I mix it with water/lemon juice/rose water and apply daily for 5-10 minutes and wash it off. Pimples reducced to great extent.

But i heard many telling me dont use daily because it will make my skin aged or get more wrinkles etc. they tell manjal is good when u use the rhizome(kilangu) directly and not to use powder.

anyone has any suggestions/advice on this?

Regards,
    AVM

2. KasturiSarathi

KasturiSarathi New IL'ite

Nothing wrong in applying kasthuri manjal. But no need for lime and rose water. just mix in normal water and wash off. Its good to your skin than any other soap and other cosmetic chemicals.If you have still doubt on my words mean, directly ask a siddha or ayurvedic doctor. He/She will definetly encourage using kasthuri manjal

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

HI AVM
    Its been long since saw posts from you.Hope everything went well(or is the d date still to arrive:hide:) I used to apply kasturi manjal kizhangu, and used to apply it on face daily before going to bed.Everyone used to say there is a profound difference on my face:)I havent heard of getting wrinkles and as Kasturi suggested you can use it just with plain water.I prefer kizhangu to powder(unless made in home) because you cant be sure if it's adultered or not.

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

i also beleive kasthoori manjal gives no harm

i am using it for years

5. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    So how do use the kilangu? do u rub it on the stone? but the kasturi manjal kilangu is too hard na?

Regards,
    AVM

6. Dheeksam

Dheeksam New IL'ite

hi,
    has anbody faced this skin problem(Themal in tamil)dont know the term in english.
    is there any solution for it.
    thanks,
    Uma.