1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

karwa chauth in california

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by simran5, Sep 13, 2009.

1. simran5

simran5 New IL'ite

Hi All....

I am new to Indus Ladies .... but ofcourse i love reading all the threads being posted till date..... Now my question... my friend recently got married in LA in Californa.... she wanted to know if there are any events scheduled for celebrating karwa chauth...as this is her first one... she is really worried about it....as she has no idea of what to do ...and secondly she has no friend to accompany her for karwa chauth.... hope you can let me know some details ...
    thanks in advance...

simi....

2. shalzee

shalzee New IL'ite

Hey Simi... Only if i could tell you just HOW MANY Indians i saw last year at our Sunnyvale Hindu Temple...oh Gosh!!!!! from noon to night there had been hunderds...doing puja of about 45 minutes..with the pandit ji leading us..was awesome..i cant say particularly about LA..but out here in the bay area..things r way too much fun!!
    before i knew about the temple holding such pujas,i used to get together with a few Indian friends..n do puja with them.. i wonder if ur friend in LA can atleast find an Indian temple nearby...am sure some others in the same boat will try to get some company,maybe at the temple!
    ciao